Quick rundown on USA Truck

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Enzo_Guy, Feb 27, 2021.

1. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    No. You can't. I'm free to do as I choose. At will employment works both ways.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Enzo_Guy

Enzo_Guy Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Laredo, TX
    You'll get a call from safety to go to a terminal. If you keep doing they'll shut you down and eventually fire you.

I had a sunvisor break off and obstruct the camera. They put a safety hold on me that would not allow me to be dispatched until it gets fixed.

4. DieselDNA

DieselDNA Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2023
    Laredo, TX
    Hey boss, I've been talking to a recruiter and they've given me a 2 weeks out 2 days home offer. I've got a couple of questions though.

I read here that there's Texas regional and being from Laredo as well wanted to know if it's still a thing?
    How often would I be seeing NY with them as Company Driver and not doing the whole load board thing?
    Lastly, where is orientation at and do they offer transportation to?

5. Enzo_Guy

Enzo_Guy Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Laredo, TX
    The Texas regional has changed so much since I did it that I barely know anything about it now. Last I heard they were on $250 a day flat rate pay. They had a questionable dispatcher for a bit, but they got a new guy I don't know anything about.
    The people at the Laredo terminal are great, I've seen a lot of changes but they are consistently some of the best people I've ever worked with. However, there's one issue you need to know. We have a bunch of B1 guys that take most of the Laredo loads. You might have trouble getting home when you need to. We used to have a shuttle run where a guy from Laredo and a guy from Dallas would meet up in San Marcos, swap trailers, and go back home (same setup as PAM or CFI or Ryder). They just disbanded them a few weeks ago so that has opened up some more Dallas to Laredo runs.
    If you decide to come over here and get on the load board, just shoot me a PM. I'll cut you in on my tactics and preferred places to find loads back to Laredo. I've got the system down to the point that I'm home once a week. I can count on two hands (maybe one hand) the number of times I did a 34 on the road last year.

Orientation would probably be at the Waxahachie terminal. Travel would probably be that express greyhound bus that runs from Laredo to Dallas. I think we do orientation for B1 in Laredo, don't know about CDL guys. I did my orientation at the Memphis terminal before the Waxahachie terminal even existed and before we ever had B1 guys, so you'd have to talk to a recruiter about that one.

As far as NY, do you mean NYC or NY state? I don't know of any of our loads that deliver in NYC. Closest I've seen is a load to Yonkers was on the board once. We do some loads to central NY state around Rochester, Syracuse, Ithaca, etc. I just saw two of them on the board that went up north of Albany near Vermont.
    You probably will see some NJ, we have a bunch of those. We also have a few loads to MA and if you end up in eastern TN near Loudon there's a decent chance you might be going to CT. I used to see some loads to NH, ME, and even Quebec but I haven't seen those in a while.
    Coming out of Laredo you're going to see a lot of stuff to Dallas, Houston, Tennessee, and Georgia. Dallas is a mixed bag of different deliveries, Houston will be almost all 24/7 drop and hook at a single customer, Georgia will usually be Walmart in Lagrange, and Tennessee will be a mix of different drops anywhere in the state. We usually get decent freight out of Laredo, even the shorter loads tend to be quick drops.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    d o g Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.