Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    At least you caught it in time before you left ...or even worse, for them to unbox the freight. Number of years ago I delivered a pallet meant for CED to a company called CES. Both deal with electrical supply and their freight is identical. Also didn't help that one was on Oak Street and the other Oak Business Circle and were within two blocks of each other. Of course I left and my dispatcher alerted me four stops later. The wrong customer of course dug into the pallet. So on top of having to backtrack and picking it up, I also nailed us a freight claim cause the shrinkwrap was no longer intact and several boxes were open. Victim of my own complacency. I wasn't even busy that day.

alds, misterG, McUzi and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    Yep I had a relatively easy friday running someone else's route not thinking anything about it till I left. The worst one I ever did was during my beer company days I delivered two wrong gas stations... err that was a long day.

MACK E-6, McUzi and road_runner Thank this.
  4. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I can't even imagine mixing something up with freight as heavy as beer. The consequences and repercussions are so severe just due to the labor intensity of the job. Especially having to reload the freight. Sorry that happened to you, but I guess it's one of those things that you learn once and then you are on your toes moving forward.

MACK E-6, McUzi and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  5. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    Yea what messed me up was it was two gas stations with the same name (Phillips 66) one was on hwy 5 south and hwy 60 the other was hwy 5 north and 60. Was it my fault yes, did i two wheel every case out that I had put on shelves and rotated and even built a display yea but you can see how I would get them confused lol

speedyk, misterG, McUzi and 2 others Thank this.
  6. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Seems like an honest mistake to make. It's one more reason why I couldn't do certain jobs within the industry. My first week at Reddaway I had to liftgate deliver 14 pallets of soda. It was an overnight delivery going to 3 different unmanned warehouses. Made the egregious mistake of not tying in the back one. First stop 8 pallets collapsed completely. To make things worse, the back two skids were resting against the door making it extremely challenging to even get it open. Also a 14 hour day for something that should have lasted 9 at most.

7. Riffraff37

Riffraff37 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2019
    Asked my boss when I got in today.
    "So I got hired on for linehaul, am I a linehaul driver? Or a city driver?"
    His response.
    "Your a linehaul city driver. Your bobtail's loaded, grab your pallet jack and go".

650cat425, misterG, LoneCowboy and 2 others Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Ran into another reason Thursday why I always tell new guys to scale their sets. I went to a building supply place for a pickup, supposedly 1 skid at 1000 lbs. It even had that on the BOL.

It was not one but TWO full skids of asphalt shingles, 6000 lbs at least.

650cat425, The Shadow, misterG and 3 others Thank this.
  9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Oh boy...

650cat425, MACK E-6 and road_runner Thank this.
  10. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    That response made my hair hurt. Is management exempt from drug testing?

650cat425, misterG, Cardfan89 and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Riffraff37

Riffraff37 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2019
    Sometimes I wonder.
    I did more city work than linehaul this week though. Apparently central is in on it and anytime my TM asks they just pull me off line and pawn me off to his demands.
    Wouldn't be so bad except I never know when I'm going city and it doesn't pay for ####

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.