Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. crazeydude

crazeydude Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Hey ACH, Good to know ya liking the Big Moroon! Ha ha I'm off 3 whole days too! But This company has little or nothing going for it either. :biggrin_25513: Your young and have your whole life ahead of you! I'm in my early 50's and been there, done that! Living on Long Island kinda limits your career. A dedicated route with a mega carrier ain't that bad? I don't know much, Happy 4th everyone! It rained all day here til about 8pm!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I actually have freight I need to run tonight. Dog is scared about the fireworks. Don't wanna leave him home alone until it settles outside. *sigh*... The things I do for my fuzzy friend. Luckily nobody is waiting on my trailers

Marksteven Thanks this.
  4. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx

LOL, my german shepherd is a COWARD! You think fireworks are bad, you should see him in a thunderstorm

Shaggy Thanks this.
  5. Glp

Glp Medium Load Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    One of my neighbors shot his gun in the air, my dog got so startled he literally did a backflip

Marksteven and Shaggy Thank this.
  6. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Probably the same guy I saw thurs. out west here. I scratched my head when I saw that.

7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I envy you P&D guys during the holidays. The last two years bid or extra still had to run over the 4th. Well, guess it's better then sitting at home previous years when the economy was real bad not knowing when your next run will be. 1 day or a couple weeks. I'm thankful there's plenty of work.

8. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Well I quit ABF. A few afternoons of U-pack nightmares and I said to hell with this nonesense. Should have trusted my gut and went to YRC in the first place.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  9. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Well, I can't imagine doing U-pack in NYC. I've done roll off dumpsters, Similar stress in tight residential :biggrin_25523:
    Hate to see you go brother, Did you at least not burn the bridge? Weird crap does happen and ABF isn't so bad the next go around on a different journey.

10. eeb

eeb Heavy Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Our dog doesn't mind gunfire, but for some reason the fireworks scare him ****less. He figured out he can jump the fence, now that the fireworks are over (mostly), I'm afraid he'll jump the fence chasing a squirrel or rabbit or something.

11. joewispers

joewispers Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Amityville,N.Y.
    Any of you guy"s heard from Big Don?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.