Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I don't endorse violence, cause I know what it leads to. But something tells me he learned a much more valueable lesson than any taxpayer vacation to prison could have. People work hard and like the stuff they have. It's not right for someone else to take what others worked hard for.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  3. expedite_it

expedite_it Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2012
    The trucker could be driving down the interstate at 65 mph with his window down, and the rock could hit in the trucker in the head or in an eyeball, seriously injuring him or blinding him in one eye. The rock hitting the trucker in the head could also cause the trucker to lose control of the vehicle and swerve and smash into the concrete support columns of a bridge or another vehicle, potentially killing him or potentially killing a motorist and a bunch of kids in a car. So, yes, i would like for a trucker to shoot any punks throwing rocks at trucks.

If the trucker got arrested and prosecuted for shooting a punk throwing rocks at cars, and if i was on the jury, i would have to vote not guilty.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Has anyone else noticed the way delays have a funny way of multiplying like rabbits in this job? :biggrin_2552:

Apparently at my barn ordinary dock idiots now have the authority to add bills willy nilly to a driver’s run. Yesterday the dock idiot that loads my trailer decided to do that right before I punched in, and the extra 10 minutes that Queen Hippo aka the P&D clerk took to process that before handing me my bills allowed just enough time for one of our crack team of professional parts changers to grab my trailer and change an inside tire that still had plenty of tread. :rolleyes:

That cost me another half hour, which in turn allowed some OTR truck to beat me into a place I had 2 skids for, and that cost me another hour. :banghead:

5. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    What do you mean by "taken down"? Do you mean that y'all arrested them, or do you mean that y'all shot them or what?

6. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    two reasons.
    1. they pull over to clean it off and create a target of opportunity for theft.
    2. they (the egg throwers) are idiots and like to do stupid stuff, until they get caught and taught a hard life lesson by some guy named Guido.

7. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Gotta love those loaders. Dumber than a two-day old bag of dogscat.

650cat425 and misterG Thank this.
  8. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    ROE changed from AOR to AOR. At the time I was there they had some throwing rocks while others where in the mix throwing impact explosives. The use of deadly force was authorized and we employed it.

650cat425 and expedite_it Thank this.
  9. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Someone did that to my ex's car. We did street side parking and they got her side window. Raw egg is painstaking to remove. You might grab a bunch of it but the rest will just spread and smear. We went through almost half a roll of paper towels before we got all of it off. It will also eat your paint if it stays on a painted surface long enough.

Word of advice. If someone throws an egg at your windshield, pull over and do not turn on your wipers. It will spread to a point where you have zero visibility.

650cat425 and expedite_it Thank this.
  10. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    What does ROE and AOR mean?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.