Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Rules of Engagement.. those are directly tied to the international Laws of Armed Conflict (LOAC). AOR (or sometimes AO) stands for Area of Responsibility or Area of Operations.

We had a 5S escalation of force protocol that we were trained on. Shine, shout, show, shove, then shoot. When someone hostile breaches your perimeter, you shine your light at them so they know you see them. You tell at them to stay back, then you show your weapon system, you shove them back if they are just protesting or unarmed. The final step is to shoot.

Now, if someone is throwing rocks or grenades at you, you don't shine, shout, shove, or show. A life or death situation goes straight to shoot.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Any chance you can get that implemented in CA/OR? ;)

650cat425 and misterG Thank this.
  4. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I've been biting my tounge so hard after reading this that I am about to wake my wife to take me to the ER.

Politics have a very special place in my heart. However, TTR is one of the most political neutral mediums I have access to. So I will keep my political views to myself.

650cat425, Cardfan89, McUzi and 4 others Thank this.
  5. HiramKingWilliams

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Hahahaha!! Understood.

650cat425 and road_runner Thank this.
  6. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Happened to me yesterday. I was already out the door, pretrip, paperwork done, and my workflow had me enroute to my first stop.

I was about to hit the roadway when I was like "####, I left my pallet jack on the dock". I back down the exit lane and back into our parking lot. Usually I wheel the jack down the ramp and use a forklift to put it into the back of my trailer. Sure enough the ramp was blocked so into the exit gate I went and docked my trailer. What a mistake that was.

All I heard was "oh, he's back. Hey open up that trailer. We got some more stuff for you". I told them I was just there get the pallet jack loaded, but it was too late. The loader passed me a bill and told me to get dispatch to scan it in on my workflow. By the time I got back, I was greeted with the worda "keep that trailer open, we found more stuff". Another bill was given to me and back I walked to get it added. Each time I requested a new manifest so the time stamp on the top would reflect that I wasn't lollygagging on the dock for half an hour. The trailer was closed out when the eventual last bill was added.

By the time all was done and over with, it was well over half an hour. Each time I came back to leave they found more freight. Two runs back and forth turned into FIVE new bills added and FIVE new manifest they had to print out. The supervisor adding bills was like "dude, what the ####?" Don't get mad at me, I just came back for my pallet jack and they are screwing me left and right. I was about to sit down and take my lunch when I noted the door was barely able to close and there was no way they could add anything else.

To be fair, the crap they added was for existing stops. But they dragged this out so long that I ended up with a late start and had returns. I feel like I keep relearning rookie lessons. When they close you out, you need to just leave and be out of sight.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  7. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    so my truck is finally coming back from the shop, needed a new transmission at 500k miles "VOLVO", ive been in a rental 2020 volvo automatic..... also got a new seat cushion lmao.

also im tired of the dock adding deliveries last minute to my routes and not re printing the paper work

650cat425 Thanks this.
  8. Jay5GS

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    these drivers from Roadway are something else, this driver has a hand washing station on his truck... what a driver

87654.jpg

9. HiramKingWilliams

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Hahahahaha

Jay5GS Thanks this.
  10. Jay5GS

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    these drivers from Roadway are something else, this driver has a hand washing station on his truck... what a dri

View attachment 359392
    never fails, YRC and roadway dude in the summer time the yrc guy was shirtless on the dock at 730pm lmao. ive gotta start posting more pictures of these guys doing teamster activities lmao

HiramKingWilliams Thanks this.
  11. Jay5GS

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    hey do all LTL mega carriers pay for lumper ? or are you required to break down freight at grocery dc ?

i only ask cause i seen ABF hand bombing 5 pallets of mixed freight at a IFS.

McUzi Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.