Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No, out and back. It might possibly mean a short day Friday, depending on how the rest of the week goes.

‘Olhand Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No worries.

If I ran 60/7 I’d wind up with Friday off.

Cardfan89 and ‘Olhand Thank this.
  4. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Pretty hectic day in the city today. Had to run back to the center 3 times to get another trailer for pick ups and had some tight time lines to get the crap off my trailer in the morning lol. Felt like I did more than I should to get some freight delivered. Multiple phone calls coordinating a drop off with 3 different people because it’s a new construction building that isn’t even up yet so they have to store the product off site. All good tho, I’m still enjoying daylight and not just holding a steering wheel all night. No offense linehaul guys!

5. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That will teach you to take a run that goes further away from the terminal, won’t it? :biggrin_25522:

Cardfan89, Old_n_gray and Digman943 Thank this.
  6. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    A couple morning deliveries that were closed. Had a large 700 lb crate and 3 heavy skids to work around. One of the far out deliveries had a very wide skid in the nose. Said F that and turned around and went back to the service center and pulled them off my trailer. Glad I did that because that stop was in the middle of nowhere. The guy came out on a 1975 forklift in the middle of a farm road to get it unloaded. Haha not a very productive day because of that. 6 deliveries 1 pick up lol. Bout 200 miles. Glad I’m on vacation next week. Still having fun!

7. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Hi guys I think we’re supposed to get busier next week had kind of an in between summer at the food company, they cut a lot of runs and the trailer inbound parking was over flowing some nights, however that’s started to fizzle out Sunday night wasn’t a full night, but we we’re running a little bit they had a couple of the 36’ trailers ready to some of the public schools in West Virginia we’re back and about 10pm at night a good amount of chain routes started rolling out.

8. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Been a shameful month. My company legit cratered along with my mental health. Both are inexcusable.

One positive side to all of this is that we had a chance to host my wife's cousin and her kids. Their circumstances were less fortunate than my own. She and her girls were outrunning a terrible marriage. Our home was about the hallway point between where they needed to go. So I was ok if they spent a night or two (we have extremely comfortable furniture).

So when they showed up I took keen interests in her oldest daughter (she is 15 and did so in a non creepy way). Her maturity level exceeds her age by 8 years and she seemed like a good person to converse with.

We watched Puss in Boots together, with our families. A movie that chronicals the same struggles I am dealing with now. As always, I talked my way through the entire movie describing all the inaccuracies (I recommend you never ever watch a movie with me. Both myself and my Russian friend got kicked out of the cinema when Alexander was playing over a very contentious historical dispute, ...one which I was right about).

Long story short, while I talked my way through the movie we got to a point where I made mention how his sabre was actually a rapier. She stepped in and said it was a foil.

Excuse me? You are a guest in my house and you challenge my knowledge! Explain yourself?

The weapon he is using is clearly a foil and not a rapier. Look at the hilt. Google it.

Dang it was she right. I ended up gifting her my sabre before they departed.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
  9. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    956c70efc8adc769f4b701613248affe.jpeg
    The road washed out from underneath the truck while it was driving down the highway.

10. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Holy crap!! Any news on whether the driver lived?

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  11. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I think he did that photo was taken in the mid 1990s 3 other triples went off the road that day as well due to the sinkhole

JoeyJunk and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.