Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    In my four wheeler, it takes me forever to make a turn into moderate/heavy traffic. I am not used to not pulling a long trailer(s).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I Drive

I Drive Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Southern California
    I did the PHX turn for like, 6 years. Yup, that was a baaaad one. With that said, the Southwest US gets 7 to 10 inches of rain a year... sometimes within a few days!!! heheheh.

4. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    So crazeydude you leaving me now? Uncle Borat is sad

5. crazeydude

crazeydude Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Ha ha ya gonna miss me kid? You Boris my old Cossack friend? Ha ha I'm working on going back to tanker-yanking again! Either home heating oil out by me, or Chem tankers out of Jersey! Not sure which yet! I'll around all next week, to sign autographed pictures! LOL later, crazeydude out! Oh, and P.S I'm sitting at Home depot for maybe a final time!! Ha ha

6. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    The one out of jersey OTR? Someone said it this morning and Borat say my ##### is leaving

7. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I wanna be like crazy dude.

Sitting at home depot here in Coram... with all the hood rats

8. crazeydude

crazeydude Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Sitting in Elmont since 8:30! While these two "rocket scientist" try to get a King pin lock off a JB trailer! Ya got to love Home Depots finest!! The whole show has come to a screeching halt! : (

9. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Wow... We ####canned a driver cause he supposedly jumped his start time by 15 minutes. His logs were legit, but the sign in/out sheet that a terminal gate guard maintained said he left early. Ex-driver argument was that the guard was making his rounds and signed in our ex driver AFTER he has long been off duty and marching out the gate.

Ultimately it boiled down to his word vs the other guy's. Even if the ex-driver jumped his 10 hour restart by 15 minutes, it does seem kinda harsh... Especially since we are seriously hurting for drivers.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  10. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    Yeah, how'd you get that one by the filter lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Yeah, I think I want a ham and cheese sandwich. . .

I also think they must have been looking for a reason to get rid of this driver. I'm no fan of unions, nor do I want to hijack this thread into a union discussion that will get shut down. But this is one instance when belonging to the union might help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.