Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Why does everyone have so much trouble banking a bobtail? It's exactly the same as backing up your tractor to couple with the trailer.

Maybe I'm different because I've always tended to back my pov into parking spaces instead of pulling forward into them, but still.

When I ran a straight truck for a little bit the only issue I had was was extremely tight spaces and the amount of tail sweep compared to the length of the truck. Nice thing about a straight truck, though, is you can see your tail sweep.

Mike2633, darthanubis and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I think it has to do with that fact that once you look in your mirror and see the side of the box, your instincts and habbits make you think you have an articulation point behind your cab.

I've been at it for a week now. ItsI still weird

Mike2633 and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Yep, seeing that box makes my brain think it's a traier, not like backing my car.

Mike2633 and road_runner Thank this.
  5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    These people are supposedly educating our children....

Every single time I have a load of textbooks/workbooks to a school, it turns into a three ring circus. "We didn't know it was coming today/we didn't know it would be so much/we don't know where to put it/we can't get it through the door."

Good blessed heavens, people--this happens every stinkin' year. At least once a year. Its far from unprecedented. Is it too much to ask that you get your poop in a group when I'm dropping >6000# of educational materials that you ordered? This is one of the many reasons I support homeschooling...!!

MACK E-6 and road_runner Thank this.
  6. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    MSU in Bozeman always knew about their shipment, but we had to break down the pallets and handcart everything upstairs into their book store.

Can't say I miss any of it

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  7. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Was off Friday, came in Monday as usual did my pretrip. Usual night with a small via. Put my trailers away after post trip gave my tractor a final look over and I’m like WTF. Theres a big scratch in the bumper I didn’t notice before I left Monday night. So I’m thinking there’s no way I hit something and didn’t notice. The way the scratch is there’s no way someone else could of hit me. So I told the supervisor about it and she’s like oh yea thanks for reminding me. City driver hit something trying to get into a customer that he had no business trying to get into. Talk about a sigh of relief! It’s hard to notice scratches on dirty grey bumpers at night! Will check more closely now. End of rant/ mini heart attack story.

8. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I didn't have the problem working at Reddaway. All the city trucks were 1994 and the one line truck was a 2006. Everything was dented, scratched, busted, and/or broken.

Tons of places were people shoved a booklet of PRO stickers or a few plastic trailer seals into crevasses to keep the pannels from rattling when the vehicle was in motion.

Digman943, Cardfan89 and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’ll have to take to take a ride to the barn early tomorrow morning. They’re pissing me off with all these extra linehaul runs going the guys at the bottom of the list.

Chances are a phone call will be made to Human Resources monday morning.

10. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Hope your HR is more helpful than the three ring circus I dealt with at Reddaway

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Should be...

Someone else pulled seniority and took the saturday interline freight runs I was doing last year from me, despite the fact that the place is in my bid territory.

What’s good for the goose should be good for the gander.

The favoritism really needs to stop. :mad:

misterG Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.