Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    That is pretty productive I got 5th wheel grease all over my cloths yesterday and all over the inside of my car. Stained my drivers seat of my car. Had a huge load of laundry to do had to run the cloths through the washing machine twice to get them clean. Looked like a garbage truck unloading when I took the laundry out of the dryer.

Cardfan89 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side

Skip ahead to 8:32 seconds.

4. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Well due to the snow in the Midwest we got cancelled on Friday. I’m running tomorrow and have a 7am gate. Which is really gonna screw me up because I’m working mornings and I always run nights. It feels good to complain about getting up early lol. At least it’s a turn and burn but I’ll see if they need help on the dock since I’m already there.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    This snow?
    [​IMG]
    This picture was from this afternoon, I just did my driveway and sidewalk for the third time. Watched the plow truck drive by my house and turnaround and go back to the main road for the 12th time today no literally the 12th time today.

I did my parents once, my driveway and side walk 2-3 times. My streets sidewalk once and then cleaned up in the street after the plow truck did it's turn two times now to keep the road clear he plows the middle of the street and all the plow snow ends up just shoved half on one side of the street. The 1994 Toro 3000 5.0hp never quits though it's got this rare Kowasaki single stage motor that runs like a banchy and burns almost half a gallon of two cycle fuel every hour clearing the way, but it's eaten everything I've thrown at it today.

misterG, Digman943 and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    How would a lift truck or Suzuki samurai handle that snow? Like would you have to use that contraption on your driveway if you had a seni-offrosd capable vehicle?

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  7. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    4x4s usually handle really well in the snow, the problem is you drive over the snow and create snow-pack which makes ice like we’re going to have on Monday and that’s not good. TV said Monday is going to be COLD! And to get the snow cleared quick as you can or else you’ll get ice. 4x4s aren’t any better on ice then any other automobile.

Cardfan89 and dwells40 Thank this.
  8. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Anyone know of owner ops that run for xpo? I'm curious what they do

9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Ran extra board the previous week before our barn bid took effect. Wish the guy 2 spots above me didn't take the extra board spot, I would like to see these checks on the regular. The run that I got will be about $200 less a week, upside is that my run is 99% guaranteed to run every night as I'm the second spot going to the hub. Downside is 3 hours of dockwork, however I am able to hostle in the yard instead.

Attached Files:

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  10. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    I’m out of a small barn and I’m the only extra board. I should of took a crappy bid run for the winter since when I don’t land a good run I get stuck at a hub that just went thru a change of ops and it’s CRAP mileage and 3 maybe 4 dock hours then they send me home. I don’t even need to take a lunch. Used to be 6-7 hours dock time so it wasn’t too bad. I can make more using a sick day.

McUzi Thanks this.
  11. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    The bid run that I landed was 246 miles round trip with the 3 hours of dock. I'm told I only have to do 2, but 3 is the sweet spot of padding my paycheck and not being stuck in the ####show of daily traffic on MassPike.

I calculated it out with my guaranteed bid that I got, ends up being a $77k/yr bid. If I can manage to get one double turn a week out of it then it bumps to a $84k/yr run. I hit top rate in September, so that would change it a bit as well.
    1.JPG 2.JPG

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.