Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Wanna bet? Certain accounts, grocery warehouses, made us down stack sort segregate etc. Also I remember delivering to a certain truck stop that would not take their delivery of product inside, so we had to down stack pallet and put individual boxes in their storage shed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Yeah, my dispatcher doesn't think like that. She sees stops to do, and that's all. She doesn't care about the weather (though that did change a little this winter), or disabled trucks.
    Just stops to do.

4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I used to peddle in all those towns in Holmes county Amish country at my last job, so I've been through there before, but I have no reason to get out that way these days. I'd rather run through there at night and not have to dodge all the tourists and buggies, though!

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  5. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Got into a backing accident kissing a yellow pole. Damaged the bumper, scrapped some paint and I think some metal got bent. Hopefully I'll still have a job. It was my 3rd day solo P&D.

6. VantaiTatted

VantaiTatted Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Maryland
    Hopefully you’re company is laid back with that as long as your report it. Unfortunately it happens to the best of us. Ran my tractor steps into one of those yellow poles backing and adjusting into a tight dock with my current company. I also was backing trying to readjust an exit and ended up backing slightly into a Pepsi trailer only cause his impatient self backed behind me smh.

7. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Had like 8 residential today in a 48 made some good money today. Oh and it was raining sheet took so much time.

8. VantaiTatted

VantaiTatted Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Maryland
    Who do you run for? Sorry I am new to this thread.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Some of those folks are up and out early. I recall hauling mulch up to PA and seeing carriages on the road at 5 AM.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  10. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    May want to hook up some airlines and pigtails also ...

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  11. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.