Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    No, we generally have freight coming out of our ears, I suspect the Good Friday festivities had an effect on the amount of pickups in the region.

Mike2633 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I'd go for it. Our raise is right around the corner--you won't even miss that $60!

When I bought my car I decided to make my car radio the primary one and add the streaming plan and use my phone in the truck (the Android version works fine for me). Until then I was doing a hardware radio halfass install every night. Since you don't share a truck I'd definitely just install one how you want it and be done with it.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Fixed that for ya.

Mike2633, road_runner and speedyk Thank this.
  5. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    With my new job, I am stuck with the worst possible dock crew (more on that a different time). But I once left the barn and was 90 minutes into my two hour drive to get to my first stop. My dispatcher calls me and tells me that today's screwup consisted of them forgetting a roll of vinyl on the dock that HAD to go out that day. They made me backtrack 90 minutes into morning rush hour (and SC morning rush is nothing like Montana rush hour), then 90 miles back out. I lost five hours because the dock shift screwed me over as usual.

Needless to say, this was the last time i picked up the phone when they call me in route. Once a week I get a pep talk about how important it is for me to keep my phone on. I usually tell them that I ran out of minutes, was out of service area and if only they provided me a company phone, it would resolve that issue.

6. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Streaming burns up data for sure. But I got a $99/month plan that covers both my wife and I with unlimited data and voice/text.

My radio works fine when I am in the local area. But my new delivery runs take me 90-150 minutes out of town. Entertainment definitely kills time.

MACK E-6 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  7. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Happy Easter everyone!!! Hope everyone gets to be home and spend time with their families .

8. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    We've done something similar.
    Picked up for a another interline company, and, kept it on our dock for delivery. We do this for a couple customers, most of which I have tried to siphon off to keep as our own.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  9. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    So Friday I get a text message from the boss, which by the way I’m on vacation right now. I’m in North Carolina I’ll be heading home tomorrow and then I have this week off, but they needed transit coverage, so when I come back to work I’ll be hitting the big leagues on night transit I have to dust off the old doubles endorsement.

10. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Here in the next couple weeks we will be needing a person from the city to go to transportation for the week, I’m considering volunteering. I’m not a fan of driving(yes you read that from a truck driver) but it’s definitely a lot more relaxed than the city. Plus a few extra bucks.

Bob Dobalina and Mike2633 Thank this.
  11. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    We’re playing the few extra bucks game as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.