Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    The KW is 3 feet longer then our Volvos, that would put us at 46 feet, That extra 3 feet makes a big difference in Pittsburgh when delivering. You all in Cleveland can keep the ugly ant eater LOL. Not on volume guy at the DC wanted it.

misterG, MACK E-6 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Well, gonna make this TTR Official:

I have accepted a full-time P&D driver position with USF Holland. I have already notified my current employer and we are parting ways with a firm handshake and well wishes. They have been very good to me but I simply could not afford to work there anymore because they had no health care coverage.

I did not make this decision lightly, and several factors (the treatment I received with the other guys for example) were very much still fresh on my mind. But after months of consulting others (including many on here) I've decided that what happened to me back in Montana was very unique to that terminal and didn't necessarily reflect the corporate culture as a whole.

I'll catch some crap for basically dating the twin sister of a crazy ex gf... That's all fine. I definitely deserve some of it. But I definitely have a much more positive outlook with work than I did this time last year. I am very optimistic.

Thanks to everyone on here for your continued guidance, wisdom, criticism, and of course friendship. You guys are the best.

4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I wondered how it ended up here. We got it and are taking care of it. But you’re right I never thought of the 3ft longer, but 46ft long that won’t work.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    One of our new Petes had to go to the dealer. Left engine mount fell off.

sdaniel, Cardfan89 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  6. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Hey guys is XPO Logistics formerly Conway Freight formerly CCX in the crapper?

I read on JOC that they managed to lose a $600,000,000.00 a year account and all the rumblings on the other forum is that XPO wants to sell the LTL freight line.

I can tell you this after watching some of there drivers on the turnpike last week they certainly have some bad habits will say.

What’s going on at XPO sure seems like they have fallen a very long way since there days as CCX.

speedyk and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’d love to know who’s shipping 600 million worth of freight a year. o_O

jmz and Mike2633 Thank this.
  8. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I’ll let you know if I can find out if you can land that account for you’re company there will be a mighty big commission check!

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  9. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    To Hell with any commission. I’ll just be happy with a full load of easy 4x4 skids all going to “in and out in 5 minutes” locations.

10. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    They said that they think XPO lost it's contract with Amazon, but nobody is really sure and even if they did it doesn't matter because they gained all sorts of fancy new better paying customers after the Amazon loss so they will be fine according to XPO.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.