Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Heh... come out west if you want to see some shoddy roads. The four seasons of Montana: Almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction

Rocks Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I freakn Hate Florida!!$ Old people 4 abreast like were fixing to cut loose on a nascar race,but no one ever sees a green flag!!
    Miles and mile of dumb driving.Land of the magical turn signal.Theres no room to change lanes,but its o.k. You apply your signal
    and just go on over,even if its not ok?Its always o.k.you got your turn signal on.Ready or not here I come :biggrin_2559:

Then I have to hand unload 53" of poorly loaded parts in a 100plus degree trailer.Forklift guy wanders off,and leaves you inside,while
    he goes and puts pallets on some bumbs truck.Comes back...eventually..then a few pallets from being done..wanders off again,and
    runs outta gas on his lift.Ive finally got the last two 3000lb pallets pushed to tail of trailer.Soaked in sweat,and starting to see visions
    of Jesus,or heat stroke I found out later.
    Florida heat inside a trailer is kinda like your attic,but twice as hot.My knees are shot :frown:

4. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Two seasons in driving is the joke: Winter and Construction/Motorhome

5. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    i hate florida so much I refuse to visit even my family there..I wish we could give florida and california away!

RookieJ1987, road_runner and OPUS 7 Thank this.
  6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    never seen that but I do occasionally get attractive women doing P&D deliveries. You shoulda asked her if she wanted to go for a ride...in the truck I mean, haha.

7. Glp

Glp Medium Load Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    Since i do p&d in the sf bay area i get to check out beautiful women all day. When im doing deliveries in downtown san francisco it looks like i walked onto the set of americas next top model sometimes

8. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I drive a day cab...

I almost envy you, cept you probably deal with alot of congested city traffic.... in which case you probably get more chances to stare at eye candy

9. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    So I had to drive through Montana this week. Turns out if you are right outside of Missoula, they got their annual "Testicle Festival"... aka Testy Festy. For those of you unaware of this event, it is to celebrate Rocky Mt Oysters.

On the other side, it really is just a massive drunk fest. It is a combination of Mardi Gras and Sturgis. But there is a ton of boobage and all kinds of other nasty acts of public indecency. I almost went one year for "educational purposes" to study the effect of alcohol in congested crowds... that is a totally different subject matter.

Anyway, I didnt get to go that year... nor this year. I DID get to deal with all the people departing the party for the night. Some of them seemed a bit drunk.

One guy did actually fine despite the fact that he was speeding. He must have been going at least 85 when he passed me. He managed to keep his truck in a straight line with no swerving or swaying. He even managed to keep his truck in a straight line after he entered the first left curve and went through a guard rail and into the wild blue yonder...

One guy I spotted didnt fare so well. He was doing 35 MPH when I passed him (I was pulling triple trailers). He swayed left, right, then left again... it was to the point where he almost ended up under my last trailer. Instead he swerved hard right and took out a police car that was already pulling someone else over.

This type of #### you usually see on YouTube or one of those stupid police shows that SpikeTV airs... Not in one night by a lone linedriver. Next year I will request to go into a different direction... or threaten my dispatcher to request time off... Maybe just to make it to the next Testy Fest to conclude my studies.

Don't believe me? Google it... but make sure your wive's/girlfriends/gay lovers arent around.

I've had enough ######### for the week. time to go have a few PBR and crash (into bed)

Rocks, albhb3 and CenutryClass Thank this.
  10. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Hate driving through jersey during the day. No one listens to traffic rules, red light means stop if you want too. And traffic is horrible as it is during rush hour but then everyone is in a rush to go no where and gets into accidents causing more traffic

11. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Yeah, I am glad you get to do that and not me. I used to run to Salt Lake City. The way they had my route planned was that I would hit it right at 0700 regardless how fast or slow I was going. That $.44/mile really doesnt meant crap when you spend 45 minutes traveling five miles dealing with morning traffic

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.