Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Bite the bullet and get hazmat before you start applying. I got passed over for not having it. If anything, apply for your prints. It will make HR happy that you are starting the process.

misterG, Mike2633, JPenn and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Thanks guys... @road_runner I am going to have my hazmat on my license before actually kicking in any applications that mention it. @FlaSwampRat , ABF does run around here as well, but the only ad I could find from them was a part time P&D thing. I'll toss them an app as well, most likely. Put an app in with UPS too, found a local position that strangely did not mention hazmat (package side perhaps?).

We'll see what happens!

Cardfan89, road_runner and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Shoot me a pm, I'll walk you through any questions you have.

jmz Thanks this.
  5. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Must be the new trend for the 4 wheelers that drive 50 in a 70 to have their brights on while impeding traffic. Been pretty popular the past few nights.

6. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    That's because it helps to have your brights on when you're driving drunk with one eye open for safety.

7. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    At least drunk drivers make an honest attempt to get home. The 80%+ drivers on their cell phones don't give a piss on what is going on around them and drive far worse.

8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    They used to read us statistics at UPS about how cell phone use while driving was actually worse than drunk driving. How true that is I don't know but it sounds believable and before anyone calls me a retard I understand there are different levels of drunk and that will affect things.

Bob Dobalina and Digman943 Thank this.
  9. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    New study shows that the average person that uses their phone while driving does so 10 seconds out of every minute. That is 6 minutes per hour that nobody has positive control of that vehicle.

Scary.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    At Reddaway they got you on board without hazmat, but they told us we had to get it within six months of employment. But for some companies it's a condition of just getting a phone call back after a filing an application.

11. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    So last week, Buster Brown Freight decided they were gonna try to jack one of our big accounts up here. Offered them a rate 45% less than ours. Bear in mind, we're already giving this customer the Economy rate because they give us so much business. (We all know they're doing a loss leader on this--they can't be making a profit, but they're hoping to pull them in and then start raising the price.) The customer was all like "Cool! We'll start shipping with you and FXF can take the leftovers." So BBF started scooping up this customer's freight, as in, they got 13 skids to our 3.

Today, we shipped out over 40 skids from this customer. They called us in abject desperation 'cause BBF couldn't hang, and it only took 'em one week to figure it out.

I'll help out any driver from any company, I don't take any of this kind of thing personally. We're all working men out here, doing the same job and trying to survive, so all you BBF guys, please take this in the spirit that it's meant:

NEENER NEENER. :p

misterG, speedyk, Bob Dobalina and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.