Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I am not allowed to load trailers... nor step foot in a forklift. Before I was banned, they nicknamed me "the impaler".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. eeb

eeb Heavy Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Did you report it your supervisor when you injured it? Most places I've worked have a policy, and even little signs all over, that state "report all injuries, no matter how minor, to your supervisor." Granted, if you follow that policy, they generally roll their eyes and tell you to get back to work, but the few times an injury has been worse than it first appeared or led to an infection they don't have a problem reprimanding the employee on the record, potentially affecting future bonuses/pay raises and/or insurance payout. Old post, I'm sure the situation's been resolved by now, just my non-LTL specific rant.

Hmm... Okay, tried to double quote Road Runner and Big Don posting about an injury received from a staple, infection that followed, and workman's comp covering the impending amputation, didn't seem to work.

One more note, where I work, we just had a stand-up forklift driver's foot get impaled by another forklift's tine. Multiple surgeries, going to require several more and a lot of physical therapy. Be safe out there, it's easy to become complacent.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Audiobookman

Audiobookman Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    Raymond NH
    Been there done that only it was garden stone . Busted wheel on my Pallet Jack if you wanted one everyday you had to own it Our Mechanic found a wheel and fixed it for me. Then He got #####ed by the boss because it was not company equipment . SO GLAD TO BE RETIRED:biggrin_25519:

5. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I didn't injure anyone. I just impaled a lot of freight. :-D

6. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Come on RR if they trust shaggy with a forklift then they should trust you.

well this isn't a rant, but had an awesome motor cycle ride today, with a nice big steak to finish it off. Glad the gf has gotten more experience riding her bike now so it made it more enjoyable, did about a 100 miles. Got cold later though.

well few more days then I'll be back on day time hours being able to have somewhat of a life again, of course I won't have markstevens hours right off the bat lol.

also having a beer from a microbrewery or as we call it at my bartending job craft beer. I like it better than the big companies. Gotta support the local breweries

road_runner, Shaggy and Marksteven Thank this.
  7. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Know all about micro brews. Getting ready to bottle my next batch. Then back to the grind on Tuesday.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  8. joewispers

joewispers Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Amityville,N.Y.
    If you want any particular"s for him, they are....Commercial Driver Training {C.D.T.} P.D.T.I. Cert. Got ten"s and six"s. Phone# 1(631) 249-1330. In-Net: cdtwb@aol.com. Located off of S.State ex.35n. Wellwood ave. W. Babylon, Long Is. Ask for Gloria, tell her i sent you...

9. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    She needs a class A for her dually with a fifth wheel for commercial use. For personal use you don't need it

10. joewispers

joewispers Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Amityville,N.Y.
    For Commer. i was aware, did"t know about personal, 2day is a good day, learned something new...

11. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx

DID you go to that school? LOL, i went to Commercial driver training in 1976 back when they were on Motor ave. in Farmingdale. The fact that they are still around proves they are a top notch school, not a CDL mill!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.