Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Should have finished with 'buuuut.i got some plant based Beyond Steak, vegan alterative... Soy based".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Looks like a dock I actually work with. Awesome folks, but the facility is not the most convenient...

LtlAnonymous, road_runner and McUzi Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You wash your potty mouth out with soap, mister. o_O :eek:

5. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I do this all the time. After they laugh about only being one pallet. I then finish off with, don’t worry, the other 10 pallets will be here on another truck later. I always wonder if one time another truck of ours actually show up haha.

6. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I have tried that artificial Whooper once to see what all the hype was about. I'm the type of person that will at least try all types of food and drink before dismissing it indiscriminately. Now, I don't fault any of you guys for refusing to consume something, especially if that item was intended to replicate the taste of an existing natural source of food.

With all that said, that specific sandwich I tried is infused with that char grilled flavour to replicate the taste. They also managed to engineer it to have a similar viscosity and firmness like a real beef patty. Lastly, with the addition of the different vegetables, cheese and extra condiments, there is enough variety of flavour to mask any artificial tastes. At some point however, you will get far enough into the meal to realize it's not real meat. The difference is as obvious as comparing imitation crab vs real crab meat in terms of taste and texture.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying these fake brands of meat. I just wouldn't see any normal person to occasionally take the "guiltless" route with the expectation to get something that tastes the same. I guess aside from all that, there is the physiological barrier of consuming something that was deliberately engineered in a laboratory setting with the intent to replicate something that's available naturally.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    LtlAnonymous and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    You realize that thing is loaded with more estrogen than a menopausal woman's medicine cabinet?

LtlAnonymous, misterG and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    :eek:

All the more reason to say “no thank you.”

LtlAnonymous and misterG Thank this.
  9. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    To be fair, I didn't consume the entire sandwich.

I am neither advocating nor discouraging soy based meat alternatives. However, and I insist that we all agree on this; there are some cuisines where things like tofu are not only preferable, but desirable. The hot and sour soup I had at the all you can eat fatty buffet had chunks of tofu in it. It would not be the same dish if they omitted that ingredient. I would go full blown Karen on that place requesting a manager if they served me that soup without the tofu.

10. Gearjammin' Penguin

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Totally. I won't argue with that at all; I even ate at a straight-out Vegan restaurant and while it wasn't stuff I'd eat every day, it was surprisingly tasty. I'm not a meat snob, I enjoy all kinds of cuisine from all over the world, and I'm willing to try dang near anything once.

(Except Balut. Not gonna do it.)

However, there's plants and there's this stuff.

Yeah, NO. :eek:

11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I've found that it's the animal torture that REALLY takes my burger to the next level. I ask for mine with extra face meat.

Sorry, I just ate a huge meal, and I'm totally out of it. Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.