Reality of Swift: How to get screwed

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sandman 660, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn
    If you cant afford $45 per year for all the goodies they offer, you shouldnt be driving. You do NOT have to be an owner operator to join OOIDA...

Zigzag777 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wheelwell

Wheelwell Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Sheridan
    Hey improperly use the exclamation point message all the time. They told me, don't worry about it, read it when you can. We'll call you if it's that important. A while back I was picking up in the bay area, got there climbed out of my truck and my phone rang. It was a dispatcher who had a suck driver that was on site and she asked if I would check on him and see if he was alright. He was such as a dog, windows open. She told me his name, I got him to respond, and she told me to ask him to call her and check in when he could. Thought that was very responsive of her, and representative of a lot I've seen here. A lot of little people trying to make a big thing work...streamlining is constantly happening here... Maybe it's the knight take over, I don't know, but a lot of what the op said I don't find to be my experience. I personally think he got frustrated... Very understandable with such a big corporate structure to navigate.

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I get the feeling you don't like Swift perhaps short story writing would be more suitable for u.

5. ChargeLLB

ChargeLLB Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2023
    Old post I know,

In my experience it has more to do with location. I've had this happen a few times but last time I had to pick up a load in SC and bring it for a 4am live unload in FL. I was coming off home time and needed an empty. I went to 4 different locations before finding an empty. By the time I got my empty I was going to be a few hours late on my live unload and it was rescheduled for two days later. I contacted swift help and was told there were no terminals in the area. I got stuck sitting for 2 days on the load.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  6. Kiah

Kiah Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2023
    Sucks that they get away this

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.