Reality of Swift: How to get screwed

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sandman 660, Sep 12, 2017.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    A career with then (20 years or so) Providing for a family and a healthy way of life financially

Dave_in_AZ and Toomanybikes Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    That's kinda like asking if someone can succeed at McDonalds. There simply are companies around that are not set up to be a career. Usually they are called starter companies, or something like that.
    To expect otherwise, or be derisive if they are not is ridiculous.

4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Oh Ok then (lol) I Guess I shoulda known.......I'm a brand new truck driver and I had no idea. Thank You

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    At least the OP was detailed, specific and well written, instead of "OMG CHEETS AN LIERS THEY SCUK STAY AWY FROM THESE CROKS!!" We veterans know which companies suck, but if this post keeps one noob from making a mistake, I applaud it.

6. Sandman 660

Sandman 660 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Weatherford, Texas
    You're completely correct. These limitations working in tandem make it impossible to get a head of steam before starting a climb. That's all I was saying. I'm well aware of the different functions and I own my own truck so comparing performance is easy to do. I apologise for any confusing comments I made.

7. Sandman 660

Sandman 660 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Weatherford, Texas
    I never failed, I did the same as you brother. Success, I define, as not being used and abused as a tool for a mega carrier's advantage but rather turning the tables as we both did.
    I'm trying to help new drivers avoid going to a mega like Swift because they can do better for themselves.
    I have owned and started my own businesses before but had my back broken while riding a bicycle by a car and had to sell my accounts while I focused on recovery. That being said I was able to quickly work out every greedy angle swift was doing drivers dirty. To me that's egregious. I'm only interested in revealing these shady practices to new drivers to help them avoid being needlessly exploited. Didn't mean to rant or rub anyone the wing way. I apologize if I did man.

Lonesome and ZVar Thank this.
  8. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Don't hold back tell us how you really feel

9. jimmymac56

jimmymac56 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2017

10. jimmymac56

jimmymac56 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2017
    WAIT FOR IT, Here come the swift kool-aid drinkers.

Toomanybikes and mjd4277 Thank this.
  11. me myself and I

me myself and I Heavy Load Member

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    I too didnt read O/P entire post. So can somebody tell me who put the gun to O/P head, and forced him to sign with Swift? That person belongs in jail.

Dan.S, nightgunner and ladr Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.