Receiver forgot 1 pallet, clean bills

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by MercuryLine, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One time I weighed a load and was 2000 lbs over gross.
    Opened the trailer doors and counted the pallets.
    There was an extra pallet of blackberry jam on there.
    No way to keep it because too many sets of scales to cross and was close to the shipper, so I took it back.
    The guy that loaded the trailer said, "You should have kept it and not said anything."
    I said; "I would have if it hadn't been over gross; could have dropped it off at the house."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MercuryLine

MercuryLine Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Funny thing, the driver, receiver, receiver guard all checked the trailer and said its good to go. The shipper for this new load had a guard check to make sure it was empty and said it was good to go. NO ONE saw that pallet- it was so far back.

bzinger, x1Heavy and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Probably could have sold it at some little mom & pop grocery store.

5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Was it shipper load and count? Was your driver allowed on the dock at loading?

MercuryLine and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    It was a shipper load and count. They did not let the driver in and told him to sit in the truck until they tell him to leave.

7. not4hire

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    So, definitely the shipper's fault for it getting on there and you got clean bills from the receiver because they got everything they ordered.

Charge at least as much to return it as you got for the delivery. Or more or less depending on the value of your relationships.

8. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Thank you- yeah definitely will try. Right now, we are just sitting and waiting to hear about what is to be done with this product. Losing the day over one pallet...fun stuff

x1Heavy and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  9. not4hire

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Do that and we will be reading another post from you next week about how the broker still hasn't done anything and then three weeks from now about how you're going out of business. Give the broker a deadline.

And charge daily for your inconvenience.

10. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    ReeferRookie makes a ROOKIE mistake. The driver is lazy. Didn't get in the trailer to check that the trailer was ready to go to reload. Didn't check to see if the receiver gashed the trailer walls with forklift, making the reload suspect.
    It is the driver's responsibility to ensure the condition of the trailer, not the security guard.

11. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Excuse you, don't talk about my people that way- you don't know them. This person is the FARTHEST thing from lazy, he works his ### off. Thanks. If you have no advice, don't come in here trying to bash anyone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.