Receiver forgot 1 pallet, clean bills

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by MercuryLine, Mar 18, 2020.

1. MercuryLine

MercuryLine Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    I support this industry with everything I have. I think that we are the reason the US hasn't starved to death with all this panic buying from the stores. Without us, the US would simply not exist. That being said, some people here like to badmouth those who are in the SAME shoes as you. What happened to sticking together. I see a few comments calling the driver "lazy". This gentleman is the hardest working person I know, and I personally feel offended when someone makes such a simpleminded comment without understanding the situation.

Come one guys, any one of you could be in his shoes, and heaven forbid you should be. We should stick up for one another, not try to bring each other down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats interesting.

Determine ownership of that product first.

That dictates your options.

If shipper owns it, you bill him again to transport one pallet of product back to him.

IF you own it, you decide how to dispose of it.

IF Broker owns it, THEY decide what you go with it you bill them accordingly beause they are essentially hiring you again to dispose of a load be it 1 pallet or 1000 pallets.

The best resolution in reefer food loads is sometimes to have a freezer full of a good product. Enjoy it for a month. Particulary since we bought it. As OSD refused.

Make sure you have paper trail of ownership.

Do nothing with it until you have that. Because if you went away to wholesale somewhere sold that across their dock, and the real owner calls you asking where is my pallet of stuff you took?

truckdriver31 and MercuryLine Thank this.
  4. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    The broker is refusing to pay for the miles driven to the receiver. He said, and I quote, "Dont bring up compensation right now or I will file a claim". Will be reaching out to corporate once this crap is unloaded.

bzinger and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Yea, except for checking to see if something is in the trailer when leaving. That's the very definition of lazy. I mean it takes a glance (maybe buy him a flashlight if he can't afford one) when closing the doors.

6. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    He checked. The guard checked. Another guard checked (At the shipping office of another load to make sure the trailer was empty). This small pallet was so well blended in that NO ONE could see it. 2 people checked.

Lite bug and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    He threatens YOU with a claim on YOUR insurance for a load shipper load and count?

Get your legal going on this and stay ahead of this at corporate.

I don't do threats be it a angry boss, parasitical on the street or whatever.

Dino soar and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  8. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Yep. I was LIVID. What would you recommend the best next steps be? After all, I am a rookie...hehehe

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  9. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Why you asking advise if you don't like truth bitterness? .
    buzzarddriver is 100% right.

10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Oh no not me.

One thing I do not do is threats. If I was threatened as a company driver depending on context it is very well my day to quit. Or get arrested dragging aggressor around back for some delicately applied workplace violence.

If I was owner operator with that against me and my insurance well, there is a lawyer somewhere get him involved or a lease op, you get your Corporate or parent trucking company and their legal involved.

Money is money, but when someone crosses over to threats of claims or worse then the whole situation has spun beyond what you might handle. Hand it and the pallet to someone somewhere and get going on your next run with a empty trailer.

truckdriver31 and MercuryLine Thank this.
  11. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    You said it yourself, I am asking for advice. Did you give me any advice? Or were you just trying to badmouth my guy?

As I said before, the driver checked, two guards checked, and the pallet was so well blended into the end of the trailer that it looked like nothing was there. Nothing to do with laziness.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.