Receiver forgot 1 pallet, clean bills

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by MercuryLine, Mar 18, 2020.

1. MercuryLine

MercuryLine Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Thank you. This is what advice looks like. I appreciate it and will get right on it.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Erm its not much of one. As a company driver with FFE for example we have people in Lancaster Texas office who deal with Over, short, damage product.

I get to inventory the over, short or damaged product to the nth degree, relay all of that on the phone to the OSD lady and then sit while she decides what to do with it.

I DO NOT envy her work. It usually involves a Company VP upstairs at some point who asks three questions.

What?

Why not?

Who is?

Its the who is followed by the what and how much determines if I still have a job or not.

truckdriver31 and MercuryLine Thank this.
  4. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Honestly, as crappy as the situation is, its not the broker's fault we have this one pallet. Suspecting that the shipper put an extra one on the truck by mistake. Its the way the broker handled the situation. We had 100% clean bills. A lot of people I know would simply discard the extra pallet, yet we decided to call the broker to let them know. And he answers with a threat to file a claim....awesome. Lost faith in brokers completely.

Lite bug, bzinger and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  5. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Honesty was always my policy l always believed in Karma , at least donate it to the food bank.
    Check with the shipper.

truckdriver31, x1Heavy and MercuryLine Thank this.
  6. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    I agree 100%. Honestly is always most important, and there is so little of it left in this industry, especially with brokers, Hopefully the broker figures out what to do with it soon. We lost the whole day today because of this stinky cheese. Hopefully, tomorrow is better. March sucks in general

Lite bug, truckdriver31 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Let the broker go. If you are free to donate that to the food pantry, church pantry or whatever have at it. It I think would be the most... fulfilling situation feeding many people.

I used to be a lot boss organizing a few hundred people by number in our church before I needed eye surgery a long time ago, and whenever something quality comes into the the bags for them, its like almost christmas.

However the one problem we can never solve is that particular pantry is going on pretty close to about 14 years and the same families keep coming back for food in poverty that is plain to see. Either in the cars with rotting maintenance or perhaps declining physical health.

One day I found myself with about 72 pounds of premium steak from Garden City cut to order for export at the port of new orleans refused by reciever for a small forklift slice on a corner.

Then I had a driver offering me about 10.00 a pound then and there below the approximate retail value of about 16.00 a pound.

I told him to wait. OSD told me FFE cannot release that product to me to dispose of.

And that was the end of that. The other driver was decent enough to remove himself from the situation. It was almost enough profit on that blackmarket economy there for that particular meat to make it worth my life if I had to stop him from taking it.

Its not worth it. But I refuse to be a party to theft etc.

truckdriver31 and MercuryLine Thank this.
  8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    If the product isn't on the bills, it doesn't exist. If the broker takes more than an hour to resolve, dump it at the closet food bank, or if one is not close, the nearest dumpster.
    You are only hurting yourself if you sit around waiting on some broker who could care less about your time or your truck.

scottied67 and Lite bug Thank this.
  9. crackinwise

crackinwise Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Central Florida
    I agree, you have clean bills so what is there to file a claim on? If the broker tried Id say that conversation never happened. At this point you are warehousing the pallet while the broker works out the details. Get rid of it and make your business intrests a priority. You did the right thing with a not so great outcome so move on to the next load. Karmically you are good in the universe...LOL

MercuryLine Thanks this.
  10. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

My local food lion ran out of cheese. :(

They got more, but now it's the stuff nobody wanted.

I to like good cheese.

Sirscrapntruckalot & a mouse.

HoneyBadger67 and MercuryLine Thank this.
  11. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    If a thorough driver checked the trailer properly before departing receiver, you, him, and the company wouldn’t have such a big soap opera to deal with. If you can’t see a pallet in the nose of the trailer, get a flashlight and/or new glasses. No excuses. Any driver should see one box inside an empty trailer and realize it’s not empty. That’s part of our job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.