Recourse for 2 unpaid loads in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by freebirdnca, Dec 18, 2019.

1. freebirdnca

freebirdnca Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2018
    Hello all,

I'm wondering what recourse or actions I can take against a company for unpaid earnings. First instance was 2 weeks ago, 1 load didn't show up on my paycheck. My dispatcher said it was a mistake and would be placed on the next weeks check, never happened. The week after was normal pay, then I just noticed this week is missing another load for a total of about $900 in 2-3 weeks. Starting to look like a pattern. Not sure if this is there way of "firing" people, but i'm not working for free. This is a fairly sized company and well known in the US. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Document all loads hauled by trip number, pay miles who dispatched, when you picked it up, what trailer in when you delivered it and so on. With the explaination of charges or recepits if any goes into a large ledger.

Find a DM inside your company HQ and have that person pull up your earnings screen by trip numbers and show him or her the UNPAID trip numbers in particular and request a comcheck be cut to you minus withholding on the spot to settle this pay right away.

If DM wont do it, escalate by getting the Operations involved or even higher.

Document everything. Especially if they say no no and no. Write down dates, times, where and how and why they told you no. You are not getting paid.

At that point you consider quitting for cause, unpaid work due to you and take it up with the State Labor Board at your home state.

Wife and I actually left FFE in summer of 2001 because of $0.00 paychecks in excess of 6000 miles run the current week, plus close to that run the previous pay week and additional loads not yet paid in our documented ledger book. It was the second time that they failed to properly process or pay anything because the paperwork was not through yet they say and the amounts due were too big for comchecks they said.

We let it go, we were not caught up by FFE and just let it go as a loss. We had sufficient savings on hand to absorb the mess. No problems.

We were with another company the following monday in Little Rock to run medicine and rolling by 10 am. Never a problem with payroll until they were destroyed the morning of 9-11. Even then we had enough savings to keep on trucking until a new payroll was built and we were paid all that was due us in time.

If I was to get back out there, I would expect to be paid and carefully go over the figures each week with the boss. When they understand that I track them very carefully, there should be no challenge or problem with pay.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    88228822 and freebirdnca Thank this.
  4. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    If your driver manager keeps dropping the ball go directly to the payroll department. Also do all the dealings with this in written form over email so that its all documented.

baha, Mike250rs, Frank Speak and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Have you talked to the payroll department? That's who will know what the holdup is. There's probably something missing or wrong with your paperwork. For instance, did you submit a page 1 of 2 without a page 2 of 2? Most mega carrier payroll departments won't tell you when something is wrong. They just don't pay you and then wait for you to call them.

freebirdnca and Roberts450 Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I have to second the payroll department suggestion. It would help to name the company, but if it's as large as you are implying they won't be playing those games. They have too much to lose.

88228822, FlaSwampRat and freebirdnca Thank this.
  7. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Sometimes they accidentally pay you for loads you didn't run :rolleyes:... so it'll all balance out :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    88228822 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    *Lights smoke and crosses legs*

Tell us more about why you think “maybe this is there way of firing people”. Have you been naughty this year?

Speaking of that, I’m ashamed to say, but I was channel surfing and stumbled across this ole boy on Jerry Springer that started stepping out on his HAWT, REDNECK, girlfriend with a HAWT, TRAILER TRASH stripper.

Boy, he got fired by HAWT REDNECK girlfriend faster than he could blink. Then, the HAWT chicks started in like it was Rassle Mania XII. Lol

88228822 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Which part of the Bluegrass did they hail from?

FlaSwampRat, Frank Speak and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Call Payroll - make sure you get the name of the person you're talking to and their phone and email address. Give them the reference number from the load that is missing from your pay, and the pay week it was due. They will look it up and tell you exactly why you have not been paid for it.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    off to the interwebs for some research... it's for a friend

FlaSwampRat and Frank Speak Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.