Reefer myths and legends

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by TriPac Dude, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Driver with a sense of humor? Lighten up brother. Just a joke. Most of the the time when I take my 10 hour break I do it at the fuel island.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KC Guardrail

KC Guardrail Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2013
    One with a sense of humor?

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  4. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Hell I didnt see it as a joke--only thing that'll stop me in my trax looking for mt skateboards is an RV in a truckstop--especially tipped out with Sat dish up---IM PARKING right there--refer on hi continos and engine idles to at least 1K--i HATE campers in TS--go find a KOA

5. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Have you ever notice all the bobtails parked in the RV section of every truck stop? I'm not a camper, I'm a transporter doing the same job as anyone that drives a big truck. I move freight from point A to point B for pay, I drove big truck for thirty years and now I transport highend 5th wheel RVs.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  6. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    LGarrison--and while you are in a space in the truckstop--you are working--you aren't in an RV--with tip outs in both directions--taking up 3 spaces--complaining to people around you--that their engine/reefer/apu etc--is interfereing with your Sat tv reception

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  7. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    I like to park perpendicular to 5 or 6 lanes...

Northern Lights Thanks this.
  8. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    You referring to the bobtail yard ?

9. TriPac Dude

TriPac Dude Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Joplin Missouri
    I totally disagree with RVs parking in truck stop lots, especially back where the trucks park. Once, we saw an RV pull in, push out all its slides on both sides, and essentially take up three parking spaces. The truck stop quickly got packed out, and there was that dumb RV taking two spaces that trucks could have used. Personally, I hope that a truck with the most obnoxiously loud reefer or APU pulls up right next to them and keeps them up all night with the noise.

Northern Lights Thanks this.
  10. Searcher1

Searcher1 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Bedford, IN
    So I'm not the only one to have noticed this. It seems that even within the last 6 months there's be a significant increase in the amount of trucks nosed into spaces, even to the point that you wonder how the hell they got in there, let alone getting out.

Badmon Thanks this.
  11. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Eh I did that once...out at the Flying Hook in Effingham IL- that spot directly behind the fuel island facing the entrance ramp to the interstate. Took a few days off in the cab and scored that sweet spot- between two parked storage trailers. Getting in was easy, trying to back out three days later with 30 guys nudging each other up the pumps for fuel in the morning was a pain, though.

Anyhow, reefer buzz never hurt me- hell it put me to sleep. Had a hard time adjusting when I got off the road; ended up having to get a white noise machine, still not the same.
    Went to a truck stop, recorded a carrier blaring for a few minuets then put that on repeat on a stereo. Slept like a baby!

That last bit was a joke, but hey, it was true enough!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.