respect? ptl paschall truck line

Discussion in 'PTL' started by greg stills, Dec 18, 2022.

1. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    But, they’re “employee-owned”. :rolleyes:

Need4Speed and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HogazWild

HogazWild Light Load Member

May 18, 2022
    solely because that stock hustle where you get like 300k 30 years in...

I actually still see 20+ year drivers who drive for PTL... Either they are frugal and obedient morons who like trailer life or they are getting rates not shown on that paper you get at orientation, and the ladder means PTL really is just knowingly ##### over waves of new drivers

I've gotten paid more than what was the highest CPM on that paper at every company since with zero negotiation.. Far less layover too everywhere else..

To be fare: You're going to get the same deal at like 99% of OTR companies; thus...again.. why proven drivers all turned their backs on van and reefer OTR at some point...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  4. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    They're claiming to pay .70cpm for SE regional with 5 months exp. currently. If, the miles are not there then that's about worthless.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. HogazWild

May 18, 2022
    Barr-Nunn is the same rate... You'll see their drivers living at a truck stop or DC off-lot all the time because of layover...

Even back when I was at PTL and they were paying most of their OTR people under .40 layovers were nearly as described in this thread; regardless of how tight you ran your clock to build confidence..

The non-driver staff and terminals are the only reason I'll speak positively about PTL sometimes; they were the best I ever seen.. That was years ago, though. I left despite all that because I knew there was more money at other OTR-Regional type companies... OTR was easy money(planning 800-2800 mile loads is as easy as it gets) but layover and low rates made everyone except new drivers leave.. Too easy to make more while being home more

snowmantrucking101 Thanks this.
  6. Manchu

Manchu Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2021

7. Manchu

Manchu Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2021
    During that time freight was slow. I stayed out over the Christmas holiday but still kept moving and I had a delay. I am a bit curious about the 1600 miles you mentioned can you give us more details? Been there since May and with credit for military service I started at 65 cpm. They have been true to there word with me. Everyone has a boss did you speak with one of the directors to get the real deal? I hope you find what you are looking for and that you find happiness in this industry. There will always be bad days and you have to overcome them to be successful in this business. Every week is a bit different. Best of luck and keep us updated on your new company.

8. HogazWild

May 18, 2022
    For whatever it's worth: layover wasn't too bad for me my first 12 months. It got bad mid-way through my next year and that mixed with the then low but average cpm made home-more options look very good..

9. Manchu

Manchu Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Are you still driving for PTL? Now a bad month Jan. Had a very good week 3600 miles now on home time in FL. Be safe driver and see ya on the black top

10. HogazWild

May 18, 2022
    I got miles like that sometimes; mostly running recaps.

It's been about three years since i drove there. The pay was around .32 and capped out at .52 then.

Hard running trainers averaged around $1,900 a week(I had one show me stubs a few times), and I never figured out what the older solo drivers made. PTL had a lot of drivers that had been there decades.

I found a lot of the time when I had layover was some places up around RI and MA, and that Walmart DC in KY by the TN border, They probably still run the same freight. CA like running Gatorade to Los Angelas also had layover usually..

The CPM people are claiming now is beyond what was on the pay scale paper they gave at orientation then. I think it capped out at like .52 years in. I see new drivers claiming around .61.

11. Manchu

Manchu Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Thanks for the response and insight the new drivers start at about .42 the only reason I got .65 was because of military experience which is a good program for me ride easy out there who are you with now and how is it going?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.