Retired and no longer dream about driving

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Diantane, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Diantane

Diantane Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Alderson, WV
    When I was driving, I would sometimes dream about working. But I'm always backing down a steep hill and the brakes never work (so I'm backing very fast!)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I dream of working(driving) fairly often, but your driving dream sounds a bit scary.
    I dream of old non-driving jobs that I've had in the past sometimes, and then they get mixed up with my driving dreams...
    Dreams sure are weird, huh?

Oxbow, Pamela1990 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    My Dreams ALWAYS incorporate some form of Disconnected To Reality Driving whether it be Taxis, Non Taxis, Cars, and Tractor Trailer Maneuvers usually Without Hills, Dales, Valleys, Glens Without Ponds & Lakes.

I've been Retired since 2019. Drove Long/Short Haul since Late 1998, Pond To Pond.
    CHEERS!!

Rocks, Speed_Drums and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  5. Val_Caldera

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    My Dreams ALWAYS incorporate some form of Disconnected To Reality Driving whether it be Taxis, Non Taxis, Cars, and Tractor Trailer Maneuvers usually Without Hills, Dales, Valleys, Glens Without Ponds & Lakes.

I've been Retired since 2019. Drove Long/Short Haul since Late 1998, Pond To Pond.
    CHEERS!!

Oxbow and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  6. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    Very rarely do I dream about driving.

People yes, frequently.

Last night I dreamed about being out for dinner at a nice restaurant, with my boyfriend.
    No, I do not have a boyfriend, but in my dream, yes.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    Rocks and Oxbow Thank this.
  7. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I've never been able to remember a dream beyond about five minutes after I wake up. Almost all my dreams involve some sort of convoluted situation, often involving a work related theme, in which I am trying to solve an unsolvable problem. I seem to work myself into a corner with no way to go, and that's when I wake up.

Rocks and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  8. Val_Caldera

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    The weirdest Thing about Dreams is entering some situation that's been happening to "others" in the dream and departing a seemingly pleasant or probable/probably unpleasant situation.

How about This:
    Walking Around Naked yet no one appears to be bothered, then finding some garments that are not recognizable yet applied to cover the nakedness (for some unrelated "decency" reason) and yet no one notices the difference.
    There are MANY other "realms" but that scenario, for I, seems to be randomly the deal except when I'm driving a Taxi Cab on some level of Hell.

Was It Live Or Memorex?

Shackdaddy and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  9. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    Some dreams are forgotten in 10 minutes, but many last hours to days, even weeks in my memory.

Rocks, Shackdaddy and Oxbow Thank this.
  10. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Dreams can be funny. I’ve had some that were so detailed I’d wake up and it’s almost uncomfortably and I don’t want to go back to sleep.

I’ll never forget when I was in the Air Force and very young I was at a party in base housing and it was all these guys and their wives. Well this one guy had this wife that was annoying and ugly and wouldn’t shut up, well I fall asleep with much alcohol in my system on this friends couch.

Next day I’m eating breakfast with my friend and his wife and his wife is cool, and I’m like man I had this really messed up dream that annoying ugly girl was on the couch with me trying to get with me in a physical way and I wasn’t into it but she wouldn’t stop. My friends wife is like uh yeah not sure If that was a dream as she’d gotten up to pee and saw the girl in her living room and said what are you still doing here and were you just on the couch where he’s passed out, stop that you’re married and she kicked her out.

So I guess that’s more like a nightmare that may of in fact been real life.

Val_Caldera and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I remember a dream I had when I was still a baby, maybe less than one year old... It was a very very scary dream... so scary that I woke up in my crib and never forgot....
    I haven't been driving a big truck... but planning on going back next year... and have been dreaming about trucks, driving trucks, parking a truck, etc, etc...
    Sometimes I dream about things I did before too...
    I hope one day will dream about my next passion... cause trucking isn't it anymore... :biggrin_25513:

Speed_Drums and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.