Road Hunter App GPS I'm very excited

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by epza, Apr 22, 2022.

1. epza

epza Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2021
    I was doing research for long time for smart GPS device.I purchased the Garmin but I'm not very happy with it.The Road Hunter provides and display all info along the route as you drive with low bridges ,DOT scales ,truck ,stops ,rest areas ,etc .The Garmin was getting me under low brigdes and many times over the absolutely no trucks routes where huge fines were waiting for me :) There is no perfect GPS you always have to plan but Road Hunter is very promising.
    PS .I was a user and extremely happy with NaviGo,but I changed the company and NaviGo is only sold to companies ,not to invidualas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Never had that issue with the Garmin in 4 years and I own 2. The LMTS and OTR series. You sure you have the right settings and update frequently?

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  4. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I've been using Garmin's Dezl for 6 years. Never seen the problems you've described. NOT ONCE. It has told me to cut across a field to get to receiver but it's never had a problem with low bridges or truck routes.

5. epza

epza Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2021

6. epza

epza Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2021

7. epza

epza Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2021
    Unfortunately just recently in Cheraw ,SC to get to customer I was planing myself but on the way out going just followed Garmin ,and the route was given to go throughout the historic downtown with no more six wheels warning ,I turned to different route but just in few minutes I noticed low 13 foot brigde warning where I was rerouted by Garmin .Thanks for the warning sign and big space on the gas station before so I could safely turn around.

8. epza

epza Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2021
    I hope that I will be lucky as you're.When I'm in Newark NJ , Brooklyn NY ,I'm always studying maps and brigdes on my own but I wasn't prepared for that in SC just trusted Garmin,but didn't work.Im going to repeat the story , Cheers
    Unfortunately just recently in Cheraw ,SC to get to customer I was planing myself but on the way out going just followed Garmin ,and the route was given to go throughout the historic downtown with no more six wheels warning ,I turned to different route but just in few minutes I noticed low 13 foot brigde warning where I was rerouted by Garmin .Thanks for the warning sign and big space on the gas station before so I could safely turn around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.