Road Runner LP - Is this a Joke?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by EatYourVeggies, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Jmans

Jmans Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Anything with the word "lease in it" I stay away from.
    Unless its from Wal-Mart. That's a different topic though.
    Better off buy a decent used truck cash if possible, and go from there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EatYourVeggies

EatYourVeggies Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2016
    And from the rate sheet the recruiter sent me, many runs actually pay LESS at $1.10 per mile.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  4. Bsmoove2U

Bsmoove2U Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Mars
    Actually that's false. There are some lease purchase deals that are great. I bought my truck using a lease purchase and my total payments can't to $155k and that included a apu and down payment. I was able to take the truck to any company I wanted to also. Yes most lease deals are bad but a few are good. Besides, even if you finance at a bank, it can still be repo'd. What many don't tell drivers is to buy the truck under their EIN and business name not their own personal SSN. I got the title to my truck in 4 years and now I'm netting over $3k a week on average unless I go home and my miles range from 1800-2300 a week.

5. Bsmoove2U

Bsmoove2U Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Mars
    I believe you. I inquired about leasing on to Roadrunner to see about picking my own loads. It's been 2 weeks and I've still haven't received any info about their lease trucks after asking my recruiter. I was going to bring my truck over that's paid for and if it was good, get me another truck I found out they no longer have a load board and you have to negotiate rates with their brokers. You probably will have to run the northeast to make a decent rate on average but the rates you posted seems similar to Landstar. I would like to make a switch fork reefer to can but seems rates are much lower so my other option is looking into going flatbed or step deck.

Tdgraham Thanks this.
  6. Bsmoove2U

Bsmoove2U Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Mars
    How many miles does she driver per week on average and her average gross?

7. Tdgraham

Tdgraham Light Load Member

May 29, 2015
    She pulls refer dedicated up north and straight back down shes home during the week n most weekends

8. lostheart

lostheart Light Load Member

Not all are bad I persona;;y paid off 4 trucks doing L/P

9. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    They are all bad. Nuff said

10. traderpats

traderpats Light Load Member

May 24, 2013
    Oregon
    Now you're just trolliing..... Nuff said...

51.50 Thanks this.
  11. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Ok they are all not bad. Let me be specific. LP from a carrier (or a company owned by the carrier) is flat out bad.

There are viable business plan to Lease a truck and operate. Why people think scribbling on a LP agreement instantly transforms them into a business man is beyond me lol. Really!

The issue is these decisions are made by the vast majority of the drivers on emotion. The carrier gets in their head and shows them a shiny truck. That's all it takes. They sign the "contract" based on a knee jerk reaction. It is extremely rare that a person with a understanding of business will ever allow themselves to get wrapped up in a carrier sponsored LP.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.