Royal Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sgt50, Feb 12, 2016.

1. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Dispatching is good sit very little, which this time of year is good haul dod loads and rolled wire from southwire and a little building materials and coils did haul a load of cotton from lubbock to memphis which was the tarped load

Beene07 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fade15

Fade15 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2016
    $15 has to be the lowest I have heard of in the flatbed industry.... I thought $25 was standard. With .40 cpm starting pay?

Beene07 Thanks this.
  4. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Its low but as little as we do it dont matter yes .40 start cpm for flats

Beene07 Thanks this.
  5. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Did 2400 for week got in last night off for hometime til monday

Beene07 Thanks this.
  6. TLD

TLD Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2016
    I start orientation on Tuesday with them. I'm new to driving on been driving 3 months. They told me I would have to go out with a trainer for 4-6 weeks since I want to pull flatbed. I'm kinda second guessing the flatbed option and going van not sure at this point. If I go van he said two weeks with trainer.

7. TLD

TLD Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2016
    When you where with your trainer how many miles did he say he average with Royal?

8. Fade15

Fade15 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Typically trainers should get more miles than anyone else. So stg50 ran 2400 last week. And I'm just assuming he stayed out last weekend made 3000 miles this week. Be safe to say a trainer is averaging 26 to 2700 miles a week right?

9. Fade15

Fade15 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2016
    That's not to bad for 2 weeks. So how many loads have y'all had in 2 weeks? Looks like 4 your 1st.

10. Nazareth Griffin

Nazareth Griffin Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Worked there a while... place has really gone down, usta be a trainer then purchased my own truck. I still know a few people there. You can do aight while there, but you can do much better down the road somewhere else. If the owner's father was still alove, he'd beat him senseless for the way it's being ran now. You usta have to have a minimum of 3 years and wait until someone retired or died to get a job there, now it's a training company, but they atleast ( or when i was still there ) had a #### good training program. The turn over is high due to the lack of freight at times of the year, outside of the occasional big run of MRAPs and southwire, there is no coustomer base. Be prepared to run your butt off spring, summer, and fall and starve all winter long. Also get a twic and passport and take the southwire to canada. Good $$$$ in goong to Alberta. Good luck

11. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    5 loads in two weeks all decent runs and its changing for sure small customer base but good runs

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.