Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Basic PDF will work actually.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Sent it to you.

4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    You the man, appreciate it.

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  5. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    Curious, are there any teams reading this thread that own their truck? Either getting their truck here or brought their own. Around this time next year we should be completing our lease/purchase. I’ve started some initial research trying to figure out are next move once we have the title in hand. My question for those teams concerns home time. We go home for 13-14 days after 6-8 weeks out. Once the truck is paid off, we would want to stay home a month or so after being out for 2 months. I know we would be required to take drug screens after 2 weeks home. I wonder if JCT would allow us to do this being leased on with them. Kind of like the “work when you want to” set up they have at LS.

6. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Steve you can take as much time off as you want, however it is JCTs policy that any 14 days and over requires a drug screen and results back before you return to work.

7. arrogant steve

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    I was thinking that was the case. Yeah, we know all about the 14 day rule as we’ve had to drug test several times when coming off of hometime. Luckily there’s a JCT approved facility near our house that gives them the results really quick. It’s a small cost to pay for extended time at home.

baha Thanks this.
  8. arrogant steve

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    Does anyone know if we can drop at Taylor Farms (Dallas) 24/7. We will be getting there in the middle of nite. Wondering if we can drop and hook then or have to wait til morning.

9. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I think you can as long it's the day you are suppose to be there. Been a couple of years since I've been there.

marlena and arrogant steve Thank this.
  10. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I am at a WalMart DC and was talking to another driver. His gps (TND530...the same model as my old one.) had stopped working. Wouldn't even turn on. I mentioned what happened to my with the wife stepping on it and found out he planned to just throw it out as it was out.

So, I took off his hands for him and managed to to due a screen swap. So, now I have a working TND530 again.

11. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    CspLzj9XgAACIM-.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.