Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    CannonballAA and Kamkor Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Speaking of evil that reminds me of a funny story about checking in at a u.s. cold storage...

I'll be the first to admit the joke is not mine but I'm good at remembering and knowing when to use them kind of like with the memes...

So this guard is checking me in and they require your driver's license. So she sees my first and last name and immediately goes oh German. Never had someone immediately call out my heritage. So I said yeah and she said she's studying German history in college and apparently my last name popped up in a book and then she got real quiet.

I said what and she said it was a book about Nazis.

Immediately I think of that joke since she basically set me up and tell her actually I had a family member who died in the concentration camps during World War II. And she goes I'm sorry and I say yeah the poor guy fell out of the Guard Tower.

She laughs hard and then immediately realizes she shouldn't laugh and covers her face. And then I tell her don't worry my family immigrated here just before World War 1. It was kind of a common ish last name you even see it in Inglorious ######## on the wall in one of the scenes at the cinema. The version of it before what it was changed into at Ellis island.

4. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    That's actually chuckle worthy.

Kamkor Thanks this.
  5. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    CannonballAA Thanks this.
  6. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    It's odd because I've never met someone with my last name that's not related to me but apparently my last name is stupid common in an area of north dakota where a bunch of Russian German immigrants came to.

In fact where my family immigrated from in my family tree two people with the same last name as mine married each other and they weren't related. (Thank God...). So it was pretty common.

CannonballAA and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  7. CannonballAA

CannonballAA Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    I love this YouTube page.
    yovo68

It gets another victim/video like once a month. Got a friend that lives near here and I'm always asking him why the city won't dig that road out a bit. He doesn't know. I've finally decided they must be a fan of this YouTube page as well. lol

NC has a ton of old bridges like this. But most of them the road has been dug deeper so trucks can go under. Always makes me wonder why they don't fix other problem bridges this way. It's obvious we the people refuse to read the Signs...

8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Could be an engineering thing or maybe the sewer and gas runs under it too seeing the manholes at the intersection, could prevent lowering

MachoCyclone and CannonballAA Thank this.
  9. CannonballAA

CannonballAA Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    I think they just think its funny. :plol

Of course I guess there might be real world problems hindering it. But makes a great YouTube channel and my hats of to this dude for setting up video cameras there ten years ago just because he thought it was good entertainment. :)

Kamkor and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  10. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Or it's good revenue source from all the dummies hitting it.

Kamkor and CannonballAA Thank this.
  11. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    He has to have some kind of high powered mic though. It almost sounds like it's recording IN the bridge...

CannonballAA Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.