Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Update: Road service wasn't able to fix issue on side of highway. Not surprised there. But he was able to cage the brakes on that axle to at least get me moved off the highway and to the shop. Time for a nap til they open at 8am.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Now that the shop is open. They going over it to figure out what happened. It got hot enough to warp the undertray on the trailer.
    20190409_082823.jpg 20190409_082813.jpg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  4. ccolvin87

ccolvin87 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Roland, OK
    Oh ####. I had a brake catch fire on me once on an end dump. Due to the owner of the company not wanting to fix things right. Glad to say I don't work for him anymore. But equipment can fail even if properly maintained.

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  5. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    The issue is a bad valve. The valve had gotten stuck when I slowed for a speed limit change. Just enough pressure to smoke the brakes, but not enough to bring me to a sudden stop.

So, it's going to be a new valve, drums, and pads.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  6. ccolvin87

Dec 8, 2015
    Roland, OK
    Expensive repair from a not so expensive part. At least jct covers the trailer.

Jarhed1964 and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  7. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    The pads are toast. The drums have slight heat damage and a few cracks. Probably the original drums on this trailer. It's one of the older trailers in the fleet.

8. ccolvin87

Dec 8, 2015
    Roland, OK
    So a much needed replacement

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  9. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    So I'm finally biting the bullet and going to NASTC for fuel. Once I get all my stuff I'll let yall know if the discount is worth it compared to my already agressive lower cost fuel searching strategy.

I mean potential upside I'll be able to take advantage of it petro and TA's new rewards program changes since they are on the fuel program .

Jarhed1964 and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  10. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    It will definatly be worth it. You'll see discounts up to $0.75/ gallon off.
    The downside is that 99% of your fuel will come from TA/Petro.

Jarhed1964 and Kamkor Thank this.
  11. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Always find funny when a driver ask the receiving clerk how long til they get a door because they have another load to pickup. I standing thinking to myself we all have another load to pickup. So what.

Anyway. He didn't like the answer of they are behind schedule by 2hrs. Then started trying to say something about them charging drivers when they are late and blah blah blah. The supervisor didn't want to hear so she said, " When you are late we charge; when we are late y'all charge us. I'm not going to agrue with who pays who. We will call you when we have a door. You can wait or you can leave. It don't matter to me either way."

Driver walked off and we all had a good laugh.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.