Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. dhkwanderer

dhkwanderer Gone, but never forgotten.

Jun 7, 2015
    Rogers, AR
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Yes, but the best place to get a pm on your truck is the terminal. $269.99

4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Anyone used loves yet? They do PM's at some locations.

And I thought we couldn't use speedco because they don't use OEM filters on the Freightliner's...

5. dhkwanderer

dhkwanderer Gone, but never forgotten.

Jun 7, 2015
    Rogers, AR
    According to breakdown, we can only use Speedco if they have the oem filters...they can't seem to get me by the yard Steel.

6. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    The problem wasn't filters, it was the 10/30 elite oil. They now have it on bulk. That's what Langley told me anyway.

If you want a back up in the future, but the filters from parts and then you can go anywhere that has the 10/30 elite.

Kamkor and dhkwanderer Thank this.
  7. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    The best place to get APU serviced is def Speedo. $34.99 + filters. Get the filters at the yard and a pm on the APU will cost less than $80

8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Ok so I've been stewing on this the last couple days....

I ran into a new driver at Florida's Natural in Umatilla on Tuesday. If you're reading this board, I'm sorry I'm about to put you on blast...but...

You really need to be off the roads. You straight up told me your DOT Physical with JCT your Blood Pressure was 180/120. They put you on a chicken diet and tested you the next day, you wern't as low as you should be, yet they still cleared you for a TWO YEAR CERT because, and I quote "If you were on the diet longer it would have dropped futher". Guidelines are 180/110 disqualified unless you can get down to 140/90. Then its only a 6 month.

From mayo clinic... A hypertensive crisis is a severe increase in blood pressure that can lead to a stroke. Extremely high blood pressure — a top number (systolic pressure) of 180 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) or higher or a bottom number (diastolic pressure) of 120 mm Hg or higher — damages blood vessels.

You then tell me that you dont take your blood pressure meds while driving because you dont want to pee every 20 minutes and only take them at home. If you're on pressure meds (Like I am) you have to disclose that, and you are only eligible for a 1 year cert.

You then tell me you had to spend money on new glasses and that you havent been driving with them even though your license has a restriction and you couldn't barely read the eye chart. So you're driving with impaired vision.

If even HALF of this is true, what the HELL is the JCT doctor doing? I mean, I have problems myself when it comes to blood pressure. Hell even in 2004 when I was in the Marines and in the best shape of my life, my BP was elevated. Thats why I've lost 50 lbs in the last year, and take my meds, which have been reduced now, and stay away from salt and stuff. Because last thing I need to do is kill someone or myself on the road.

I wish I got the truck number but I was just flat out in shock with what was said. Is our doctor really that lax?

9. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I think there is more too this than what he told you about the BP. If JCT finds out he is on BP meds and failed to disclose that, then that is grounds for terminating his contract. Also, DOT will have a field day with this driver when they find him driving without glasses even though he is required to.

I agree that this guy is a danger to himself and everyone else on the road with him.

10. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I personally would bring that up to safety. NOT to be a nark, but if there is an unsafe driver out there, I def don't want him on the road.

Don't need the truck number. They can see who was at Umatilla today.

11. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Just provide as much info as possible....make of truck, description (they can pull up his pic), if he said where he came from or where he's heading, etc

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.