Schneider

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by cnelson8510, Jul 10, 2020.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Ordinarily I would agree, but April saw a significant drop in average miles per truck per day. We had almost no freight to keep guys moving thru the weekend. That's no longer the case, but for 6 weeks we paid out a staggering amount of layover.

91B20H8, bryan21384 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    It actually sounds like the OP screwed himself out of pay a reimbursements.

To qualify for layover a driver needs to sit for 24 hours. A DM has some flexibility, but not much.

Say the OP delivers his load at 1700 on day 1, with 3 on the 14. He decides to set his availability at 0700 the next morning - which means even though he delivered before other drivers he is "at the end of the line" for getting dispatched. Despite FIFO being explained in several messages and videos, guys kept updating their nat, which kept putting them at the back of the line.

The other salient detail is that layover starts at 0700, not 1700. So if he gets assigned a 1600 pickup on day, no layover. Had he set his availability at 1700, his DM would be able to pay out the layover, but since less than 14 hours have elasped between availability and dispatch, if the DM pays it out they will have to explain why.

As to expenses - why is he out of pocket for anything? I submit maybe $100 of reimbursements a year, with the BOL scanned the next business day. What new guys do is incur the expense on Wednesday, scan the bol on Friday afternoon, they get processed on Monday and flag on the DM's screen for approval by Tuesday. If not approved by noon central on Tuesday, it goes onto nect week check.

The driver is then saying "why is it taking so long for me to get paid back?" Well, the longer it you to submit, the longer it takes to payout, and things get more complicated if we already billed the customer out by the time we get the receipt.

OP had some vaild issues, but I guarantee if I sat dowb with him 60% of the problems he had ownership of.

skyviper73, 91B20H8, Opus and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How much experience do you have?
    Do you have endorsements?
    Where is your location?
    Are you still looking for employment?

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    From the looks of his post however it looks like he submitted expense recipients but either his dispatcher/fleet manager is “stalling”or playing like they don’t recall it. Also,from the gist of the OP’s post it sounds like they don’t cough up detention pay if you end up waiting on a company lot.
    My company pays me detention and/or layover pay regardless of where the truck sits-company lot,shipper/receiver lot,storage yard,outhouse or otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Go to landstar....:)

Opus Thanks this.
  7. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    You chose to work for a junk OTR company. Don't blame them, blame yourself.

Grouch Thanks this.
  8. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    To be honest, it's really not a great loss like everyone said to be fired from them, Schneider is pretty strict term safety, that's all well and good not if they screw with you every bump. Idk where your from but if you haven't contacted Chinatown in private message let him know he's great finding leads.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Layover and detention pay should always be a big deal. It's just that some companies don't pay it. Lol

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah, if that's something that's promised at the beginning, and then they change the rules afterward, then it is a big deal.

mjd4277 and bigblue19 Thank this.
  11. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    You need to go local & ditch all the pay issues & all the OTR drama. . I worked 48hrs this week & made $1456 gross. Comes out to around 86cpm for the miles I drove as a company driver.
    Got to ask yourself, Is it worth all the hassle & free work to see the country? And what do you really see from a truck these days when you can't go anywhere without that minder in a box saying your in violation.
    I saw 2 trucks that del at my reg customer on wed morning sitting there by the side of the road fri morning & hadn't moved an inch. And I just said, thank god thats not me anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.