School Bus Pulls Out In Front Of A Tanker Truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, May 26, 2023.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    That’s some scary stuff . Nothing tanker could do he brakes as soon as he saw it moving .

ducnut and mjd4277 Thank this.
  3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Sad thing is that tankers career is over and he and his company are facing lawsuits from every single parent regardless of fault. Ontop of that ive seen that going around social media and they are saying its the tankers fault for speeding and didnt slow down in time or wasnt defensive driving and so on.

I feel sorry for that driver. This is any CDL holders worst nightmare.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Sorry, I'd hang the school bus driver, the tanker truck did nothing wrong. I'm surprised it didn't blow poopie all over. I'd sue the bus company, probably some stressed out housewife making $8.50/hr., doofus's drive school buses today, and this is clear evidence. The salvation here is, that school bus probably had 3 riders onboard. School buses,,pfft, in this day and age.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    RockinChair and ducnut Thank this.
  5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    School bus, UPS, and Fed ex delivery vehicles always pull out infront of someone then go a block or less and stop.

ducnut and Metalicious Thank this.
  6. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    It is very clear that the school bus driver is 100% at fault, but keep in mind the lawsuit against Werner in Texas and the Appeal Court has sided with the verdict of $100 millions, when Werner was the victim and did nothing wrong. So, the bottom line is the public and the courts look upon the trucking industry as being at fault no matter what the circumstances may be. I would be surprised if the tanker company doesn't come away with a verdict as Werner has hanging their head.

The day of looking upon truck drivers with respect and admiration is history. We are looked upon as a nuisance on the highway and I have to say this, we brought it upon ourselves.

201, RockinChair and ducnut Thank this.
  7. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Are they trying to say the tanker driver didn't do "everything reasonable" to avoid and prevent the crash from occurring? All he really had time to do from what I can guess is try to brace himself for the impact. I imagine I would feel just like a deer running out in front of me, except a heck of a lot bigger.

201, ducnut and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    An argument could almost be made that the bus ran the stop sign. Wheels hardly came to a stop before it started rolling into the roadway. Not even close to enough time for a driver to properly assess if it was safe to proceed or not.

drvrtech77, 201, RockinChair and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    I once posted a comment in the web about how bad school bus drivers can be and folks got really mad at me. But the truth is in the pudding. Don't believe it? Just follow your kids bus for a while.

drvrtech77, 201, mjd4277 and 3 others Thank this.
  10. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    I absolutely agree with what you have implied. I see it everyday right here in the town I live. School bus drivers, but you get what you pay for.

Just passing by, drvrtech77 and ducnut Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.