Scoop on USA Truck OTR and Working for them

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Jarheaddriver, Jan 30, 2008.

1. slick501

slick501 Light Load Member

May 3, 2009
    stonewall, la
    I may, but with zero experience?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dukefan8408

Dukefan8408 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Amarillo, TX
    USA seems ok to me, haven't heard much news about them, no news usually means good news

4. VeNDeTTa

VeNDeTTa Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Pocomoke, MD
    USA is 100% Dry Van. With the exception of a hand full of Refers for a dedicated account.

IMO USA is a decent company to start with to get some experience. The loads are easy and mostly drop/hooks. On the other hand... the pay is not so good, and truck maintanence is... well, basically non existent.
    I myself have done fairly well here. I average about 12k miles/month over the last 14 months. I've talked to quite a few others with similar exp here. Then I here ALOT of drivers who claim to barely get 1500 miles a week. So seems like a roll of the dice here. Then again usa hires mostly students who know nothing about trucking, and lets face it, it's not for everyone.

panhandlepat, Baack and x_nail_driver Thank this.
  5. Tragic Magic

Tragic Magic Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Albertville Alabama
    :biggrin_25525:I've been accepted by USA through Driver Solutions. I start school on the 29th in Fort Worth. My experience in trying to find a school has been nothing short of a nightmare! I've been lied to by recruiters, conned out of money and turned down because companies didn't want the hassle of training a woman. Driver Solutions is the only school that has been straight up with me so far and if they are honest with me and are willing to train a woman without acting like I have no business being there then i'm willing to work my butt off and be a great driver for USA. I realize i'm not gonna get rich from this career move but i've drove before several years ago and loved every minute of it so I honestly believe this is what I was meant to do. If anyone else is gonna start in Ft Worth that week holla at me.

6. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    good luck tragic! they did what was agreed on (USA NOT driver solutions) i had a good experience there. it WAS WHAT IT WAS.
    not too sure on the way it is NOW. but,if ya gotta do it and CAN do it, DO IT. keep a positive attitude, and if ya don't like them get out after the contract is up.
    the BIGGEST headache i had with them is maint/breakdowns/equipt.

7. VeNDeTTa

VeNDeTTa Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Pocomoke, MD
    I went through D/S - C1 in Indy. It was a very good experience, but it did get me my cdl and a job. So just hang in there and take it one day at a time. Start practicing your PTI Script ;) .

8. ucj824

ucj824 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Kalamazoo, MI
    not much has changed its still a joke but they are finally getting a new computer system for the entire company so they can screw us more efficently:biggrin_25525:

9. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
  10. roadrunna985

roadrunna985 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    ellenwod,ga.
    they email me(USA) asking to fax my long form physical,at which i did. Does that mean i maybe hired?

11. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    probably, but i wouldn't count on it unti l ihad the keys in my hand LOL

DBL_TIME Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.