Sealy Truck Stop - Sealy TX

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Sequoia, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    There's not much to it, but it was actually a pleasant surprise.
    First, I believe it's an Exxon but there is enough room on the property for a number of big trucks. There's a decent size dirt lot in the back that has more than enough room to maneuver and still not be too far to walk to get to the main building.

It's a fairly bare bones operation as far as truck stop ammenities goes. No showers. Small bathrooms. The restaurant, though, was the pleasant surprise. For someone who's main exposure to Mexican is whatever is on the menu at Taco Bell, I asked the pretty young lady server what she would recommend and she said the fajitas. She also said the cooks are Mexican. I figured, hey why not. How often can you get fajitas on the road that isn't in a Taco Bell wrapper? So I got the chicken and it came out on that tell tale sizzling skillet with onions and red and green peppers. They gave me 3 tortillas (could have used 2 more but I digress) and another platter with refried beans, spanish rice, pico de gallo and lettuce. Oh and guacamole.

Nice dinner...nice dinner.

Plenty of dining room and there's a big screen tv. Oh and I think the entire place is smoking. Every table that I could see had an ashtray, so smokers rejoice! When one patron complained about wanting to change the channel, one of the servers said they had 2 tv remotes stolen so they're not allowed to change channels. I'm not sure if that's funny or sad that the remote has been stolen twice.

Another cool thing is the location. Right across the street looks like a place where they manufacture US military vehicles.

Now you may be asking..where the heck is Sealy TX? Well, it's on I-10 between Houston and San Antonio at exit 716. I tried parking in Katy but at 6pm the truck stops there were full, so I continued on since I had the time. This truck stop in Sealy was listed in my truck stop book as a large, and yeah I'd say it was.

I think next time I'm in the area and need to stop, I'll go in and try the flautas.

panhandlepat and 48Packard Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    Been there. And yes, the food is amazing. Close as you get to "authentic" Mexican without being so close to the border. I stopped there because I deivered at the Wal-Mart DC there, and I didn't get out of there until around 7pm. Only place I could park to take my 10.

4. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Place accross street is BAE Systems. Does. or did a lot of refurbishing of military equipment back from Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama has jerked lot of their contracts so they are starting to hurt.

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    That's one of my favorite stops. I haven't been through there in about a year but I'm loading in Compton Ca right now for Houston. I'm going to take my break there tomorrow night. I think you summed it up pretty well, not much to look at but the wait staff is very nice and the food is real good. I always got the enchiladas, which will not disappoint. Now I'm officially starving.....

6. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Home of Pro Football Hall of Fame member Eric Dickerson...

just thought I'd add that !! :biggrin_25522:

123456 Thanks this.
  7. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    You mean the college cheat Dickerson don't you? Made more at SMU than NFL.:biggrin_25523:

123456 Thanks this.
  8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Across the interstate was Texas Iron Works, I think...................

at one time .

9. groundpounder

Nov 13, 2009
    he had a serious game and got paid, literally !!!

roaddawg92 Thanks this.
  10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I have thought about stopping there more than once but elected not to...guess I'll have to change my thinking next time! I love good Mexican food...

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  11. groundpounder

Nov 13, 2009
    Usually if I'm in that area headed back east I hold off and hit the Fuddruckers at Katy Mills but I will make it a point to check the place out..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.