Seeking OO or Truck Company for new method testing, increase recruitment potential in industry.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by LoyalWingman, Aug 20, 2023.

1. LoyalWingman

LoyalWingman Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2023
    Hello to Owner Operators and also those who are in upper management within trucking companies big and small.

I come to you to discuss and propose a unique idea that will benefit some new drivers, and the OO / companies that are open minded to working on this. It will provide the industry with additional drivers, those which would otherwise be unable to work many jobs, including driving OTR.

We have a devastating environmental health condition that seriously limits potential jobs (and living space options). I truly love driving long distance and the idea of driving to work would be a dream come true. I apologize for the extreme difference of this post from the others on this website, however the situation is dire and desperate. I hope some of you can share what you think on what may be possible. And I hope there is a trucking possibility from any of you.

With alterations to the ELD and other gadgets within the cab, and other steps, I would be able to drive Semi Trucks. The mere fact they are networked wirelessly in such a small area is nonsensical. If wired connections were used for any computers and other electronic gadgets within the cab area (and possibly instead doing written or another method of manually typing down mileage, times/hours worked for DOT records / police review), I'd be able to drive OTR for you. I would be the most loyal and motivated teammate. All my records are clear, and I have ZERO family, zero obligations besides one doctor visit a month. That's it, I don't need to be home, anywhere! I could literally put all my stuff in storage, which is what I'm doing now anyways as I cannot even find a healthy place to rent. Better to live OTR, enjoy the scenery, live across America.

My only problem is Electrohypersensitivity which is much more well known in Europe. It has been acknowledged in countries there as a disability. It's the #### wifi in the cab that would give me devastating health effects. All wireless is damaging to all life, whether you feel it or not. My focus is merely to be safe inside the cab using mitigation, avoidance, and shielding that I can supply.

I've been to two doctors who both also have EHS. And I've spoken with all the other US doctors who attempt to partially treat this condition. It is a real thing, and is truly a death sentence to a normal life.

I would apply Signal Protect brand RF blocking film to the semi truck windows, the same way I have successfully done to my car.

After successfully finding an OO or company who would be open to doing this, it would be a great launchpad for others I know with EHS to follow suit and become OTR drivers as well. There are people with EHS like me who want to work but can't at many locations. As an ex Mortgage Auditor and IT Professional, yet now unable to spend 40+ hours a week in such a high electrosmog environment, I'm highly motivated to join any of you to make a difference and create powerful bonds of friendship. I'm in Texas now but am happy to work across America.

I'm very happy to discuss with any of you. Thank you for reading this.

Coffey, blairandgretchen and kutscher Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    And remember - you’re using a computer of some sort right now?

Get your CDL and find yourself a guy that runs pre -2000 stuff on paper logs and you’ll have a blast.

I’ve got a 1995 but the company I lease to require ELD so there’s that too.

4. LoyalWingman

Aug 20, 2023
    There is an overwhelming amount of research worldwide concerning EHS. You simply have never seen it. You really should open you mind to realize there is more fact to reality than what some close minded people online will type up as fact, without them having sufficient experience.

I've lived this hell for 9.5 years. I can say I've tested walking in new areas unknown to me for years, and seeing how I feel are always in line with what I discover later upon closer inspection of all sources there.

My results are always in line with what my EMF/RF/DE meters detect afterwards. Thousands of tests for years.

Yes I'm using a computer and feeling discomfort from it, that shines through anti pain countermeasures.

Didn't you read that my statement that COUNTRIES IN EUROPE RECOGNIZE THIS AS A DISABILITY...
    There is also one that gave a range of something like 3 to 11% of their population having EHS.

It will become much more widely known, and is a growing worldwide health concern. Many symptoms patients complain to doctors about are mis/under diagnosed, when this is amongst the potential diagnosis.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
    Reason for edit: Adding
    blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Yes sir, I read and understood all of your post, despite my preconceptions about half way through when I thought it was AI generated.

My mother had a friend 30 plus years ago - worked for CHEP pallets in NZ, died of a brain aneurysm - spent a lot of time with the early cell phone to his head.

I hear my CB buzzing around LED signs, power lines, some trucks - but not EV’s for some reason.

I’m not discounting the existence of electromagnetic fields. At all.

I apologize if I come across as negative. I’m probably observed here as somewhat of a fence sitting fluffy kitten , and feel for others pain, no matter what form it comes in.

gokiddogo, Oxbow, JolliRoger and 8 others Thank this.
  6. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    I think team driving You can forget and to share the truck with some one else also. The other drivers possibly would be not happy when they don*t get the web signal in the truck. I think when You drive not more then 100 miles away from the company You don*t need any log book. I think that when Yoou can get a fone where it is possible to put the antenna to the outside a local company with no ELD and other things should work for You.
    All good
    M.

7. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I've been pondering this issue for quite some time now. Here's an example - today.

I need to advance $2k onto my fuel CARD using the internet. Can't do it. LS has skeleton crew at the weekend, and after 30 minutes on hold - I'm told the Comdata site is 'down' - therefore 10,000 drivers cannot use the system, and - if they're out of fuel, it's either pay yourself via personal CARD or truckie no movie.

Reactivating a Loves loyalty (?) card the other day took 30 minutes. Asking for a lot of personal information. Just so I can get a bloody shower.

Laws dictate that if you're caught using a handheld device in a CMV, there's a $3k fine to the driver, and after a few more, a $10k fine to the company. yet almost all dispatch, routing, billing etc. whether company or O/O is app/web based.

You oughta talk to drivers that started in the early 80's - before the advent of the cellphone or web. You would find a truck stop (many had phones at each table in the now almost defunct restaurant) or a bank of phones (I still remember seeing these in 2004) and -

Start your morning calling your wife and kids. Then call your dispatcher/broker. They would carry lots of cash and often guns for that matter, as they were a high risk before fuel cards and electronic payment was a thing. At the end of the day they'd check in.

Paper maps were it. Phone lines had "Press 3 for directions to our facility" Trip planning was a thing. Paper logs were filled out every day - "Coloring books" This taught penmanship, literacy, awareness of surroundings.

Trucks with mechanical engines, before 'drive by wire' ECM's - had no electronics beyond the 12/24V systems required to run the standard electrical system - incandescent bulbs etc. If you wanted a bunch of chicken lights you had to upgrade your alternator, and get good at chasing blown bulbs and corroded wiring. WAAAAAAAY before LED technology.

These days are almost gone.

Our lives are filled with so much technology, screens, apps, websites, it , to me at least - creates more frustration and stress than ever before.

Driving a truck is stressful enough as it is without any other factor involved - you are looking for a niche position that exists, I just can't help you find that.

jamespmack, Numb, Oxbow and 9 others Thank this.
  8. LoyalWingman

Aug 20, 2023
    For mapping I preload Google maps on my phone, it's loaded with everything I need.

As for mapping on a map/ location system on the truck cab system, that's great, it can use a cellular wireless antenna like they do on your truck, just from the antenna OUTside the can, on top, where ever it is. And any connectivity to it done via wires.

I do a lot of "work around" methods and get everything done that I need to in order to live nowadays.

I simply just need 1 change, and again that is no WIFI in the cab, no wireless INside it whatsoever. I know home base needs the truck GPS location transmitted, that's great, just with an antenna on top not inside. With the window film the cab will essentially be a 99% Faraday cage.

9. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
  10. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted