Self dispatching company driver

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by thelinedriver, Nov 10, 2023.

1. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Any one know some good companies doing this?
    Self dispatching for company drivers, preferably all 48 states
    Talk about choices and freedoms ,this would be nice

Thrasher28 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Variant (owned by USX) advertised something like that but I read some complaints from current drivers a year ago when I looked at them. And I think USX was recently bought by Knight/Swift so not sure if they changed anything there.

thelinedriver Thanks this.
  4. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    I believe USA Truck does, or at least they used to have a load board type deal. Sounded interesting hearing people talk about it.

I think it's a good idea for carriers with enough freight. If a driver hates Appalachia and the other driver hates the snow, well it only makes sense to let them pick West Virginia and the other picks Wyoming. Way easier than a dispatcher keeping up with 30 driver preferences. And it eliminates 'Dispatch hates me' arguments.

Of course, a company would have to have plenty of freight. Doesn't do much good when a driver is in a dead zone and waiting on a spot market load. And it would have to be a company requiring a little experience (or IQ) so a rookie doesn't think 700 miles in Texas will take the same time as 700 miles from Montana to Seattle in January and take the load with 12 hours on their clock

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.