Semi T-bones junior hockey team. 14 dead.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by uncleal13, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trailerdragger

Trailerdragger Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    released on 1000 dollars bail, what a joke, what an embarrassment. Ashamed of this place.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Reason for edit: duplicate
    Bud A. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trailerdragger

Trailerdragger Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Canadian highways just aren't safe to drive on, the government and law enforcement don't think it's their job to stop all this careless and reckless driving that goes on every day. If everyone else sees it all the time then how can law enforcement not see it. These accidents are happening all the time, you just hear about this one more cause it was a hockey bus. These people just have a general careless disregard for safety

rank, Jazz1, Bud A. and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Nothing against the Canadians on this board, since I'm sure they're all responsible drivers, but when I see "SomeplaceI'veNeverHeardOf, ON" on a truck door, I try to stay away from them. Especially in Michigan and around Chicago.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  6. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    How are things going up there @uncleal13 since the accident? Any new updates or has it been fairly quiet?

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Cases against both the driver and the carrier are progressing through the courts.

Jaskirat Singh Sidhu, 29, was driving the semi unit and was charged earlier this year with dangerous driving causing death and dangerous driving causing bodily harm.

Sidhu, who was not hurt, was released on $1,000 bail in July under condition he not drive and that he surrender his passport.

He is to be back in court in Melfort, Sask., on Nov. 27.

The owner of a trucking company involved in the fatal Humboldt Broncos bus crash appeared without a lawyer at his first court appearance Friday.

Sukhmander Singh of Adesh Deol Trucking was represented by duty counsel, who asked the matter be set over to Nov. 30.

Singh faces eight charges relating to non-compliance with federal and provincial safety regulations.

- Court appearance for company owner whose truck involved in Broncos bus crash

We've been keeping the thread in the Canadian forum current: No charges Humbolt Bus Crash !?!?!?

Bud A., Dennixx, SteerTire and 2 others Thank this.
  8. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    Thanks, I'll head over there and read up.

Trucker61016 and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  9. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    +1.
    Those guys haven’t had their come to Jesus moment yet. I had mine about 10 yrs ago. I was following too close in the misguided belief that I could stop as fast as the truck ahead of me. I was fooled when he changed lanes and I was now about to rear end a laundry truck doing 30 mph on I-87. I got slowed down in a cloud of smoking rubber but it was a lesson learned.

Trucker61016, Bud A., magoo68 and 8 others Thank this.
  10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Yep. They’ll lay some blame on the bus speed and safety record. More blame on the trees. Still more blame on the intersection’s tragic history. The whole case comes down to what the eye witness says. Without her, he would get off because there’s nobody alive who saw anything

11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    +1000 the real criminal here is the government

12. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Apparently we stepped on some toes. Took me 10k posts to finally get one deleted :cool:

Bud A., SteerTire and rank Thank this.
  13. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Pretty much proves the other deleted post that said they are protected doesn’t it? Lol All I did was relay a factual experience and it was deleted. I guess it’s ok to bury the truth .....until a relative gets killed by these drivers with a total disregard for human life

Bud A., SAR, lovesthedrive and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.