SHIPEX- Salt Lake City ...AVOID

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jon69, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Then out you shall be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Maybe they are doing the prudent thing by not hiring drivers in the crisis now. Protecting the earnings of there current employees with the downturn in freight volumes so they don’t have to lay-off drivers.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  4. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    'My friend worked there and dispatch wanted him to drive with an air leak from Nebraska to NY plus gave him impossible appt times as a solo driver. He was miserable there for 2 months plus he told me how many quit. Do your research before applying to this company instead of trusting reviews. He quit recently and going with a new company now so I'm happy for him.'

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  5. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    'shipex promises you a salary you're not getting a salary of $1,154 you're getting a salary of $850 the rest is per diem forced upon you screws your taxes.also shipex has no 24 hour support system you are put in the mountain trains no cell service and you're expected to email and after hours dispatch who won't get out of the bed to check the email you will sometimes sit on the side of the road for 11 hours until someone gets back with you at your convenience.unless don't even go into their bonus program there is no bonus program their safety is a joke he's never driven a truck these people are inexperienced I don't call him shipex I call him shipwrecks'

JForce28 Thanks this.
  6. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
  7. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Going based on somehow you left a good company? Because a lot companies have driver managers dispatchers whatever your company refers to them and some are okay others terrible the terrible ones normally hardly out of highschool and they think they are a party 24/7 and everyone not there for the party is 2nd class.

From my understanding shipex gives you a salary unless your not meeting a standard that standard can't be too high I have met a few them they are fat as #### so fast pace ain't it. As for raises again you are given a guaranteed salary but if you can't meet the expectation and I am certain they told you this you will be treated low on the totem pole. DM will always play favorites they give the good loads to drivers who say yes more times than no.

The backstabbing I have no clue what this is I don't know if its similar but g/f do something similar with ice cream this one time was cold as #### was a prank but wasn't too bad I would slander her. The only other thing comes mind is they withheld money.

Last home time I don't know their actual policy for hometime but if it's anything like UPS you show up you have a job. If, not they have 1000s more begging to take your spot. but seriously this ain't swift sounds like or one them companies they cater to the driver needs more like we pay you decent you cater to w/e we want just like UPS.

Honorable mentions: Being boss I am always boss until I enter my house the reigns are taken and g/f owns them and when that job starts if you thinking horse the answer is yes you are their horse.

LtlAnonymous and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  8. Life on Wheels

Life on Wheels Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2019
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    ####. I wish I would have read your post first! That was hard to get through lol

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The op keeps beating a dead horse...

Upinsmoke and stevep1977 Thank this.
  10. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Gotta love these clowns that think per diem screws them. They literally want to pay more taxes and put less money in their pocket just because they’re afraid they might lose out on a loan.

LtlAnonymous, Upinsmoke and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    'Money is good but home time is bad.. they use the dot rules and flip them around and reword them were there not in the drivers favor. They have no ideal on what the laws read or say and if your a new driver then they will pull the bs over you and if your an experienced driver they dont want you to question them on the dot laws'.

'I don't call them shipex, I call them shipwrecks'

Upinsmoke and JForce28 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.