SHOULD I BUY A BOX TRUCK AND ATTEMPT TO RUN FOR AMAZON???

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Dubyadawg509, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You may have already checked these websites, but I'll post them anyway.
    ~
    How to Become a Box Truck Owner Operator for Amazon in 2022
    ~
    Amazon’s delivery needs have created an opportunity for people with box trucks to start small, separate delivery businesses that are attached to Amazon itself, especially since the retail company cannot manage the delivery load alone.

For just a little fee, you can sign up your box truck with Amazon, create your own regional delivery business, hire employees, and deliver products on behalf of Amazon. This system is similar to the owner-operator system that many traditional carriers offer, and can be quite lucrative.

Amazon owing to its position as the largest retailer in the world has thousands of fulfillment centers. To deliver products and goods from business centers or manufacturers to warehouses, they need a massive number of truck drivers. And to attract truck drivers, Amazon tends to pay well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    According to reports, Amazon Relay load boards pay around $1.21 – $3.09 per mile. However, Amazon Relay rates per load will vary based on numerous factors such as what you are hauling, how much it weighs, and the distance you are driving.

Also, note that the national average for a solo owner-operator using the Relay board is around $142,000 a year, but this will also vary depending on where you live and what areas/routes you do the most. Ideally, the Amazon Relay program was put together to work with freight.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Amazon box truck owner-operator.

5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    If you are a current owner operator, you can sign up to relay and find out the rates for box truck before buying one.

Id stay away. Amazon is looking for the idiots this year to haul for free.

6. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    This will be you.

F49F3C32-D301-4C11-8A80-CA22021CE1CE.jpeg 02CCBFDD-5C06-49B0-8517-7F928767B1FC.jpeg

Hand unloading sucks.
    Then restacking everything to another pallet sucks too.
    Walking in circles with plastic wrap around not to bad when you learn the trick.

Running all night for them is bad too.

JoeyJunk and Dubyadawg509 Thank this.
  7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    ...people tend to tell only the bright side ...

JoeyJunk, Dubyadawg509 and Capacity Thank this.
  8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    You must be new, use the “Search” on top here and type Amazon, you’ll understand the humor once you read the 1000’s of post there. And chill, you need to have a sense of humor if you want stay in this forum. READ THE RULES !!!!!

JoeyJunk and Dubyadawg509 Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Please, be diligent in your resesrch on this before you start down that road. Amazon has many locations in my part of the world. The vast majority of the straight trucks I see doing what you are pondering look barely road worthy and have hand written taped on signs. To me that speaks volumes to the suggestion that this work doesn’t pay much very well at all.

ctekrat, REO6205 and Dubyadawg509 Thank this.
  10. atemple492

atemple492 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2022
    Yes! Maybe my delivery might actually arrive then! hahaha

Dubyadawg509 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.