Should I scale it

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ibcalm19, Jul 15, 2019.

1. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I suspect he cut somebody off on they highway and they pulled his his 5th wheel while he was at the buffet...just based on location and landing gear looks to be retracted. Or did a relay and forgot to do a tug test.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Bet if you got a fork lift in the right spot to lift it, when it gets leveled, it could be zip tied together. Should be fine.

4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Looks like somebody already tried it on that trailer. I swear, I look at some trailers that pass me on the highway and wonder how they are rolling at all. Saw a reefer a couple weeks ago missing the rear bumper and the casings that cover the reefer were all gone with the engine fully exposed to the elements. The trailerframe was solid rust, and there was a bolt seal on it, so it was under a load. If I were a shipper I would tell the guy to go away.

5. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018

I know what you mean I was sitting in a fuel Island one day stuck in the middle and couldn't tell what was wrong with that bumper on the truck in front of me for a fee minutes till I released that the dot bumper got ripped off and he replaced it with wood that he painted black and added tape to

77fib77, FlaSwampRat and SteveScott Thank this.
  6. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    The landing gear would lay over backwards if it fell off the hitch. That trailer failed when the passenger roof seem unzipped. Normally the rivets that hold the crossmember flanges to the side skirt extrusion rust and let go, which turns it to a belly dump. But that is a definite roof fail to me, looking from here.

Im betting its got a load of brick inside. Or a forklift.. Something stupid.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I think shes a lil heavy there fellers

FlaSwampRat and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  8. this is what happens when you own an older trailer and you ask some people do you know how to check your cross members under the trailer most give that deer-in-the-headlights look??
    Frozen and paralyzed like they don't know what you're talkin about..

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Maybe so but with the new modifications it's only like 8k on the tandems lol. I was always told 12 34 34, nobody never said nuffin about a extra contact point to me lol.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    May have been heavy, but may have just been loaded stupid too.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.