Slinkies out of Evraz in Pueblo?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by RedRover, May 2, 2018.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Most of the slinky loads ive hauled were very cheap, but every once and a while ill get one that will end up paying nearly $2.50 a mile out of gerdau in beaumont.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    My dispatch said that racks are recommended but not required. I used them. The reasons that people haul slinkies out of Pueblo is because they don’t want to deadhead their drivers out. Last time I delivered in Denver they deadheaded me to Lawton, Oklahoma for a load of paper rolls. That was like 647 miles deadhead. They had a load of slinkies going to Washington, DC and I told them give me the paper load. Not trying to go to DC if I can help it. I value my time a bit more than that lol.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Lawton for a deadhead, that's easy.
    My last time delivering in Brighton they deadheaded me home 1300 miles

spyder7723 and RedRover Thank this.
  5. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    I was cool with it. I get a fuel bonus and had just gone from 8.8mpg for the month to 4.8 from Phoenix to Centennial, the way they send us.

baha and Gunner75 Thank this.
  6. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    The last time I loaded back to rome,ga. the dot were set up in the dirt lot at top of ramp going into steel mill and they still wood not pull 1 roll of rod to make me under 80,000

7. OldRed98

OldRed98 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Colorado
    I see a lot of flatbed loads out of Scott's Fertilizer in Fountain Colorado too (about 30 minutes north of Pueblo). Not sure what they pay though.

RedRover Thanks this.
  8. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    System likes to yank the Hutchinson-Western farm gates outta Commerce City. I did a drop and hook there and there yard was littered with System trailers.

Heard it’s a very cheap paying load — it’s up there on weight too.

mitmaks Thanks this.
  9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I did not enjoy taking a load from them.
    Been there,those are a pain. variety of products and different heights plus full tarp. Barbed wire and empty spaces to walk on.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Tug Toy Thanks this.
  10. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    I don’t know what I would’ve done if they requested that to be tarped. I brought it over to a farm store in Nevada. You’d need a truck load of felt padding and then some...

11. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    I hauled gates once. I'd rather haul baling twine ha ha!

I hauled a load of baling twine from the Hutchison place in eastern Iowa to the one in Adams City. If I remember correctly, it was 48 pallets total: 12 x 2 front to back, plus another layer just the same on top. They were nice, though: they gave me a ride on the forklift all the way around so I could put corners under my straps, then they lifted me up with my tarps. They even gave me a ride down once I got the tarps rolled out.

ChaoSS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.