Slip seat vs assigned tractors.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by FlaSwampRat, Nov 7, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I honestly think that still might be the case. I'll take a picture of the magic key when I go to work tomorrow. It's a Freightliner key that has twisted from being used so much and it will start #### near anything in the yard including brand new trucks. The only trucks that seem to be picky with keys are the old Sterling's.

Texas_hwy_287 and 201 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, I meant, jump the starter with a screwdriver, Macks and Detroits had fuel shutoffs to kill the motor, Cummins, you had to put the pump on manual. Cat I never drove much and weren't too popular years ago.

Texas_hwy_287 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Last spring we hired a driver that got nicknamed 'pissbucket'. Yes he carried a piss jar in the slip seated day cabs. Even worse is our yard is literately across the street from GM's plant (our customer). The warehouse we shuttle from is 5.8 miles away. The plant, yard, and warehouse all have restrooms. And if you just can't wait, we pass half a dozen fast food places that there is room to park on a side road next to them.

He didn't last his 90 days....

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    bzinger, dwells40 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    They fire him?

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    For a few reasons, yes. I think the big one was he was always late delivering. Now the question becomes, how could he be late several times when the warehouse released him on time and it's a 5.8 mile drive?
    Oh well, he's not our problem anymore.

bzinger, Texas_hwy_287 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If they didn’t they should have for the piss jar alone.

bzinger, McUzi and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    And he never had to stop anywhere to pee lol.

ZVar Thanks this.
  9. Shawn2130

Shawn2130 Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Ontario
    At our company, everyone pretty much chooses their own truck and drive that truck for as long as they want.

I had a tandem axle day cab sterling. That was a nice little truck. Everyone else hates it. (Because it’s a Cummins)

One driver slip seated into it to pick up a load for me while I was busy in the shop.

He smoked up that truck, burned a hole in my seat and left butts on the floor instead of a trash can or out the window. That’s just in a few hours.

I notified my boss. He said he hates that too. (That driver is the only smoker in our company)

But the boss said, he can’t change him. He’ll smoke until he’s 6 feet in the ground.

I just happy that everyone hates the truck but me. Which means I’m pretty much the only driver in it.

10. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Otr guys piss in jugs but not food service guys . I mean you would just have to want to piss in that jug

11. Shawn2130

Shawn2130 Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Ontario
    Pissing in jugs, that’s disgusting. I’m more than happy to stop and let nature take its course but never inside the truck.

What I don’t need to have happen is dropping the jug by accident for example and pissing on my dash while trying to grab the jug.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.