Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Honestly...I would say something funny here, but...I got nothin...all I can say is... Peoplenet :jerk:

O.Henry Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Oh, and they ##### at me if I use a truckstop transflow instead of MY phone data...screw them!!!! I was gonna take pitty on them and wait until I am empty to have a door alarm shut off on a newer trailer.... breakdown says, to call a service tech to override another reefer door sensor alarm after hours is something like $500...and neither our shop, nor breakdown knows the pin to unlock the door override so I can change it. (I can get to the door override on the secret menu, but it's locked in 'no')

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    There would probably be too many piss bottles laying around the parking lot after it was over.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    You don’t have unlimited data???

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Yep, but I am still using MY data to save them money so they can give away money to build a party house for the state...that the working class slobs who earned their money will never get to use.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The trailer's door sensor fixed itself. When I went to get the paperwork for my little shuttle load, the door sensor alarm was tripped, and the unit would only run on low speed (which sucks for a -10 load in summer). It was holding between -3 and -8, so I just kept an eye on it. Just before calling it a night and hitting the sack, I looked out and the code was gone, and everything was running right.

So, now I am waiting on getting my truck in the shop. The one tech that reprogrammed @Farmerbob1's opti-idle isn't in, so that won't get looked at, but...doing my PTI I noticed a little rust streak coming out from behind my driver's side shock mount. Turns out, one of the two bolts that hold it to the frame is loose, and my front brakes squeal like I am running on the rivits, but the shoes are fairly new, and are adjusted right. I think a previous driver must have overheated and glazed them, and with the DOT brake check week being this week, I don't need the attention when pulling on a scale.

9. Itsbrokeagain

Itsbrokeagain Light Load Member

May 31, 2019
    Saw a Shaffer heading up 95 yesterday as we were making our way from FL back to NY...last three digits on the trailer was 927. Wouldn't happen to have been you was it?

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Naw, I'm in the KC area

Farmerbob1 and Itsbrokeagain Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.