Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I was thinking workers comp.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Could someone explain the logic of having to turn OFF my jakes in order to set my cruise? They have to be in the off position on the switch before the truck will let me set my cruise, so I can speed the truck up to 65....and honestly, I don't know how the previous driver lasted 17,500 miles in this POS. I've driven it 2 days and want to blow it to the moon. It truely is one of the most frustrating, aggravating, un-drivable pieces of equipment I have ever tried to use. It Creaffer insists on all this nanny b.s. so they can ensure that their drivers are safely navigating the nations nations highways, what kind of reckless morons are they hiring?

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And another driver who had a minor oops.(there was a daycab just sitting near this trailer. Not sure if he was the one who dropped it, or a yard dog...I did see every yard dog driver crawl under their truck to check their 5th wheel after that. Those white buckets are kitty litter because the landing gear folded into the reefer fuel tank...plus the drivers side of the trailer's bottom rail was blown out too...

IMG_20201124_144309.jpg

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Exactly.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Crete has that programmed into the computer..That is definitely not a Freightliner deal what I mean by that is it’s not something set at the factory that something Creek programmed in when they in-service the truck

7. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Mine does the same thing

ncmickey Thanks this.
  8. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    So does mine.
    If you try to set the cruise while the Jake is on, it tells you to turn off the Jake first. Kind of a minor inconvenience really.
    But I don’t have all the babysitting stuff either.... and I can go 72 mph...makes it more tolerable... lol

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  9. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Crete said one of the reasons for buying automatic trucks.....is that most new drivers...have automatic only on their license

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    My E-coast is confused...it's going into coast mode uphill. Not just at/near the top, but half way up. The truck will drop down near 60 before I get pissed and slam the throttle to the floor to re-engage the motor and cruise...whatever engineers dreamed up this new truck must have been EEOC token employees that took the short bus to the Freightliner designing wing.

11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Call Tonn, it is his parameters that are causing your issues. Remember when Swift tried to sue Volvo back in the early 00's because of engine issues and Volvo proved that it was their severe clamping down on the vehicles running parameters that caused it, and Moyce lost the case.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.