Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Well I don’t know about all that, but I once had to carry both a work and personal phone. And the day we got rid of the work phones was like jelly sandwiches for a week. It’s all unlimited now so it doesn’t really cost anything. Maybe you should bail if Shaffer is that bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Kind of like refusing to pay a driver breakdown pay for a Sunday unless he spends six hours going through all of the paperwork, hassle and waiting necessary to check everything he owns into a different truck when the part that would fix the first truck (with all of the stuff in it) gets in on Monday.

Congratulations, you’ve just shown the driver that all the “Our Most Valuable Resource Sits Here” stuff is nonsense. It’s better to have no breakdown pay at all than to abuse it like that.

You saved $52 and it will now cost you $6,000 to replace the driver… idiots.

4. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Looks like I'm going to have to swim through LA again :(

I'm short by 20 minutes on the hours I'm getting g back to deliver to my final so after I drove 40 minutes past my clock to this truck stop they had me t-call it. Load I got from driver is delivering tomorrow at 3am back in LA....

The traffic....I don't wish it on anyone :eek:

Edit - found what temp this truck will idle without giving me a fuss.

16315658888501212795485681229802.jpg

Jarhed1964, xlsdraw, tallguy66 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Based on a number of posts I have made recently about leaving, it would appear that I am planning on doing just that after my vacation pay is accessable and after the insurance pays for the wife's BiPap (on the health insurance that I have paid $600+/mo the last 11 months and hardly used)

And it not the cost of the data that I am protesting...it's the fact that they give away millions and then ##### about pennies for scanning paperwork that gets them paid.

6. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Change is good when unhappy. I must be lucky to have landed at a place that hits all the check boxes for me. Best of luck next go around.

O.Henry and supersnackbar Thank this.
  7. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Snack's gonna want to talk to his dispatch directly before he quits so he can give him some 'pointers' but will be stopped at the gate like - "Do you have your shot papers, comrade?"

:p:p

Jarhed1964, Lonesome and nredfor88 Thank this.
  8. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    SSB ... is your wife's BiPap..the same as what Crete calls a Cpap ....just wondered

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    No, it's a dual pressure on inhale and exhale, where a CPAP is only pressure on inhale. Her's is like $1700 thru the doctor's supplier. Her's retails over $2000 if she went to a supplier of her choice. And she is lucky she is on a BiPap in a way because those are for the more serious cases of apnea and are being produced ahead of the CPAP machines. Between the recall of the Phillips machines and all the shortage of electronics, they were originally talking months for people getting replacement CPAPs. She got her replacement right after I left home the other week.

Dale thompson, Bumper and iraqralph43 Thank this.
  10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    If they want me they must be!!

11. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Truck now fixed and out of shop .. glad I didn't go recover another truck..like Crete wanted...they even agreed to pay for all 3 motel days..and not make me pay for then after all

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.