Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Well I know now why Crete trucks were usually dirty. We are only allowed to wash them once every 45 days. I don't understand that at all. My last company wouldn't even let me leave the yard if the truck was dirty.

I guess they think the same way I do about making my bed. Why bother? It just gets messy again. Lol

But seriously, 45 days without a wash is too long.

JoeyJunk and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Especially in the winter. Although, I haven't had my trucks exterior washed yet (at a truck wash). I have a pressure washer at home and do it on my hometime just before I leave out. The only time I pull into a truck wash is to have a reefer washout...that is it. After all the b.s. we have to deal with from the land of Lincoln...I honestly don't care what the outside looks like...I keep my living space as clean as possible...other than that, if mother nature put it on my truck, she can wash it off

4. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    Some of the terminals have wash bays. Think just drive thru though.

Lonesome and TravR1 Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Right now it's Lenoir City and occasionally Marietta when they feel like opening the doors. Wilmer only uses theirs for storage and detailing trucks and Lincoln is only used by the shop if at all.

Lonesome and xlsdraw Thank this.
  6. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Do you know what the deal is with recaps?

They don't seem to want me to take a 34. But waiting for recaps is slowing me down.

A 2 day trip took 3 days. Then I logged 14 hours sleeper to wait for caps. Then finished the last 2 hours drive. Off again.

Next place has a rule I need to log 10 hours off before I load so I am sure to make it. Just over 30 miles away. There's 6 hours on my clock right now.

Well I won't have hours until midnight if I wait because I'm recapping. And that's just for a 230 mile run. So that's 4 hours.

So in 3 days that's only one full day of driving.

When I have a full clock the week goes great. But they don't want to reset me because "I have more hours coming."

Do you know why they are doing that?

I just came off a 14 hour break. I'm well rested, ready to go. But apparently I'm going back off duty again until midnight. I drove only 2 hours. I'm not going to be able to sleep today.

When I accepted the load, I didn't know I would have to log 10 hours first. That message came after I committed.

Skootlez, tallguy66 and Bumper Thank this.
  7. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    sounds like tyson. im the same way with resets.. i make it known i dont mess with recaps

TravR1 Thanks this.
  8. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Because they're a bunch of bean counters who've never driven a truck in their lives.

9. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Aaaand here I am, as predicted, dog #### tired and getting ready for my 4 hour ride. Been awake since midnight.

I called today because they dispatched me a run tomorrow that's like 800 miles. I said I can't do that. And they said no problem, Boom it's gone.

But when I called earlier on the 230 mile run and said I shouldn't do that because I'll be awake all day... nope!

I wonder if they even realize if I get too tired and have to park it, I won't be able to move until tomorrow at midnight because I'm on recaps. Lol

Its a hot load too. That's why they made me wait.

Lonesome and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Running recaps is perfectly fine..i ran over 12k miles last month all on recap..You do not have to have a reset to run miles… That’s one of the biggest fake myths going around this industry right now…

nredfor88 Thanks this.
  11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Well it sure ain't a myth for me this week.

Are you leasing?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.