Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    New quirk, not sure if I like it or not...they have automatic wiper speed. I saw a youtube video from Freighliner about that feature, but I thought it was an option. Turn on the wipers to what use to be low intermittent, and it senses with the camera how often to wipe...all the way up to high speed full wipe...

*Update...I hate them. Came thru Winston-Salem with a light mist, needing just the lowest intermittent. It couldn't decide whether to wipe once in a while or wipe on high speed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    We have the same feature in our Volvo’s. Ours are adjustable and we can shut the system of all together.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  4. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I will say that's one of the most colorful rants I've read in a while...!! :D

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Ill be in my new Cascadia on Monday. Will have to see if I have all of these issues too.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I've found that using cruise to go uphill is a non-starter. The IPM data is less than complete, it doesn't take into account how heavy I am, and the gps is often off by 1/4 mile. I use the cruise a lot less in my AMT than I did with a manual.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  7. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    On mine you run it on low for a few wipes then off count up to 20 seconds then back on. Whatever the count you turn back on is the time it will be between wipes

650cat425 and Bumper Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That sucks. :biggrin_25510:

It never ceases to amaze me how people insist on trying to reinvent the wheel after it always blows up in their face in ways like these.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    In my Pete, the wipers were tied to the headlights. The lights would come on whenever you turned on the wipers.

One of the first things I did was turn that off.

I don’t need some Dexter Duncecap telling me when I need to turn my headlights on.

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Ours as well. My truck came with one of those “xxx for dummies” books.

Dale thompson, Lonesome and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    All the Internationals I drove had the auto on lights hooked to the wipers. This last Crete International had an auto-light button that you could turn on or off...but it was for the dust-dawn 'auto turn on the lights' system, not for the wiper/lights system. But, it would randomly turn on the lights whenever it wanted anyway, regardless of whether the 'auto' button was push or not.

650cat425 and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.