Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Maybe he made the mistake....telling Crete he tested positive for Covid..and asking for time off..because of it...In recent bereavement notices..Crete is giving cause of death..more and more as Covid...giving Crete the excuse and reason ...to require all drivers to get shot...due to increase in ..supposed Covid related driver deaths

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    Lonesome and xlsdraw Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Called my terminal...and asked was Covid shot required for return to work..after medical leave due to positive Covid test...terminal said no way,not at all ..so I'm done with that driver..he's no longer worth my time

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Kind of figured he was fibbing..because i would suspect something of that kind of requirement would’ve been announced company wide in emails and such..

Western flyer and iraqralph43 Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If this keeps up, we're gonna have to refer to Tonn as the bereavement officer...that has to be one of the worst parts of being the boss.

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  6. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    I was driving today,and noticed I was going 68.
    I looked and I wasn’t going down a hills
    When I looked down again,I noticed my Cruise was at 68.They made the change while I was driving.

newbietrucker91 Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I had a Crete company truck pass me yesterday in MS...and this was before they sent me the message about them turning up the trucks. I bet he was like 'I better ease by this other company truck so that he doesn't tell on me'..not knowing the company was doing it OTA.

What year is your truck?

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
  9. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    They stated they do it all remotely except for the older cascadias which obviously are on older technology so to speak and such…and possibly the kw’s will have to come into the shop to have the parameters changed.

O.Henry Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm in a '19, but it's the new body/hood design, but I don't know how far back the OTA option goes...and I wonder, if they can change the speed of the truck remotely...I wonder if they can fix the opti-idle issues the same way, or if that is too much data to adjust without a plugin. It would be nice if they could, that way, on the road, when mine acts up, they could check it when it's doing it instead of waiting to get to a shop when it isn't acting up.

11. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Not sure..but with as much computer controlled electronics in these new vehicles you would think they would be able but who knows….i know the capabilities are there to where they can I believe they can remotely check mil light and chk engine lights remotely if they have thise capabilities.

O.Henry Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.